Jump to content
Mr.Beer Community
Creeps McLane

Build me a recipe

Recommended Posts

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, Creeps McLane said:

I have been staring at this recipe for days now. Playing over in my mind how that brew day would go.  As i think about it I start asking myself other questions. Could I split the batch in two fives and do two blonde hme in one and the NWPA in the other? The blonde would now be a higher abv and all but does it matter? Id keep the k-97 with the blonde. Then lager yeast for the NWPA

The Mr Collaboration beer Golden One Belgian Blonde uses in 2gal,  2 HME cans, the Canadian Blonde and the CAL.

It was a clone of this http://www.anthembrewing.com/beers/golden-one

I have a bottle from 11/2016 I have to open :-D. It might be ready.

 

My Apple Brown Beery is now over a year old too that might be OK now. I did not like that in past tastings.

Zombiefest from last Nov also may have got drinkable, I did not like that much either.

So much to taste.....

 

Golden One Belgian Blonde from Anthem Brewing.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MRB Tim said:

 

People used to ask for that all the time! Wonder what happened...

It is not on your list of recipes in any obvious way.

 

Your collaboration series kit now only has LEO IPA.

You have several other past collaborations that are either archived or deleted. e.g. Dewpoint  Dunkel,  Astronut Brown Ale, Plasma Porter, Sugar On Top IPA, Cerealiciously Lucky CharmsTM Milk Stout - maybe more. 

I know you feature only some prepackaged recipe kits on the main site, but I think you also need to still have the older recipes available for people to make and order all of the individual piece parts (and they are there hidden, mostly)

 

 

Older recipes are listed under the support.mrbeer.com, but many people do not know that exists. But even there I do not see all the collaboration ones I mentioned. Some are there.

http://support.mrbeer.com/support/solutions/folders/5000147513/page/5?url_locale

 

It would be nice to be able to take one of those and order all the ingredients in one click.

For example you could show the recipe and have an "add to cart" button that added all the individual ingredients listed even though they were not in a specially marked box - maybe do that for all the archived recipes.

 

(Like you needed more work - lol. But you could sell more stuff :-D)

 

Maybe it could get automated and not have to visit each page. e.g. the format is the same on each recipe page, so search for "Recipe Includes" then add all bulleted items immediately following to the cart..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RickBeer said:

Some are likely limited time arrangements.  Some have ingredients not regularly stocked.

Yes. Very likely. However, there are 2 things I see would be useful - in priority :

1. A link on the main recipe page to the support page "old recipes"

2. Ability to order for any of those recipes all stocked ingredients by putting in the cart. Non stocked or out of stock ingredients can be identified as "provide your own."

To add to what I said, there seem to be 3 main components to this,

one is  - the ability to search the recipe pages and ID the bulleted items for a given recipe (this can also be used to make or update the list)

second - having a list of the ingredients available and not available

third -  when an available ingredient is identified, have that be put into the cart, maybe that link or data is associated directly with the available ingredients list and the action triggered (like the "add to cart" button action on the ingredient page) when the ingredient is found. I am not a web site designer but have done some programming and I don't think it sounds too hard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just did a yeast starter for the mexican lager yeast. I gotta use it up, simple and plain. So regardless of what i brew, half will be a lager. 

 

Not sure where all the recipe entries are. Yall are smart people who make your own recipes all the time. probably with a lot less than i have on hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Not sure where all the recipe entries are. Yall are smart people who make your own recipes all the time. probably with a lot less than i have on hand...

That might just be the problem, too many ingredients to choose from! 

I wish I had the time to entertain, Creeps. I barely have enough time to knock two back before heading to bed each night. I'm following along in spirit though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Big Sarge said:

That might just be the problem, too many ingredients to choose from! 

I wish I had the time to entertain, Creeps. I barely have enough time to knock two back before heading to bed each night. I'm following along in spirit though!

You make me want to send you a sixer, a gravity chair and a byo magazine. And myself also so we can gossip about everyone else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creeps McLane said:

Just did a yeast starter for the mexican lager yeast. I gotta use it up, simple and plain. So regardless of what i brew, half will be a lager. 

 

Not sure where all the recipe entries are. Yall are smart people who make your own recipes all the time. probably with a lot less than i have on hand...

 

OK then, a Blonde Lager dry-hopped w/Galena.  I would enjoy that.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea if I'm trying to use already-used items, but:

 

1X NWPA
8 oz Pale
1 oz each Citra/Cascade Flameout
1 oz each Citra/Cascade/Sorachi dry hop 1 week before bottle/keg
Belle Saison, fermented cool, like 65F

 

I'm envisioning a hoppy pale with a really subtle Saison funk. It's a frankenbeer, but I think it sounds good. More involved stuff has already been posted, mine is intended more for a squeeze-a-session-in-a-free-afternoon sorta thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MRB Tim said:

No idea if I'm trying to use already-used items, but:

 

1X NWPA
8 oz Pale
1 oz each Citra/Cascade Flameout
1 oz each Citra/Cascade/Sorachi dry hop 1 week before bottle/keg
Belle Saison, fermented cool, like 65F

 

I'm envisioning a hoppy pale with a really subtle Saison funk. It's a frankenbeer, but I think it sounds good. More involved stuff has already been posted, mine is intended more for a squeeze-a-session-in-a-free-afternoon sorta thing. 

Pale ales and saisons are my two favorite styles. This is a contender for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 7:00 PM, Bonsai & Brew said:

@Creeps McLane Was that K-97 there before?  Anyway, I crafted a partial extract 10 gal. variation of a Blonde for your perusal:

 

Pale malt, 12 lbs.

Canadian Blonde HME, 3.74 lbs.

Warrior hops (15.4% AA) 0.5 oz., 60 min.

Mandarina Bavaria hops, 1 oz. @ flame-out

Safale K-97

 

Mash malt @ 152 F for an hour.

Mash-out @ 168 F.  Sparge.

90 min. boil.  HMEs @ flame-out.

 

Ferment @ 60 F.

 

OG 1.046

IBU 19

SRM 4

 

Blonde Warrior Ale??

 

image.jpeg

Winning recipe. Im going to BIAB this one im the driveway tonight. 57 degrees, a nice sweat shirt brew night. Right after i keg some why so creepy ipa. Very excited for tonight. Ive been thinking about it all week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think ill break the internet again tonight... though its a BIAB, it wont be nearly as interesting. 

 

Current status, laying in bed with the three year old waiting for his little eyes to shut. 12 lbs of pale malt measured into a paper bag.  Lager yeast spinning on the plate, k-97 still happy in the fridge. Kettle is cleaned and the false bottom is locked in place. Full pack of cigarettes, two monster rehab drinks in the fridge, leftover pizza waiting for fourth meal. Lets do this

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

I think ill break the internet again tonight... though its a BIAB, it wont be nearly as interesting. 

 

Current status, laying in bed with the three year old waiting for his little eyes to shut. 12 lbs of pale malt measured into a paper bag.  Lager yeast spinning on the plate, k-97 still happy in the fridge. Kettle is cleaned and the false bottom is locked in place. Full pack of cigarettes, two monster rehab drinks in the fridge, leftover pizza waiting for fourth meal. Lets do this

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

 

Wait...rehab?  What??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At dough in. Over shot my target temp by quite a bit. I was expecting a 12 degree drop and i barely got any drop at all. Damn you BIAB higher volume, I should have known. Wort currently sitting at 125ish uncovered for 20 minutes.

 

one carboy of why so creepy kegged. Other is currently draining. Almost had a whoopsie poopsie lifting that baby in the keezer so now im sitting on my fav seat in the house. ? 

 

First beer poured

 

PS its hot out. A lot more muggy than I anticipated. Sweat pant legs rolled up LL Cool J style

 

 

IMG_4290.PNG

IMG_4187.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current status, enjoying saison #2

 

mashing, 15 minutes from boil. 45 minutes in my 60 minute mash per @Bonsai & Brew. Propane is a lot more touchy than electric. Fyi

 

1 new carboy cleaned and ready for starsan. 1 carboy currently under CIP forced carboy cleaner.

 

both why so creepys kegged. 

 

Redman mudface is the soundtrack. 

 

Next up mash out 

 

PS thats yeast you sickos

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×