epete28

More Stock Coming

16 posts in this topic

placed an order.  Needed some stuff for the "other" cranberry wheat.  Bought a Belgian Blanc because the wife of my best friend loves Blue Moon.  For him, I bought Surly Dog, the most hoppy beer I've ever made.  Thought about the Australian Ale.....

 

Your Let It Be Honey, like my Surly Dog, has honey.  I'm going local, but commercial pasteurized might be a better choice.

Creeps McLane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, epete28 said:

I ordered Australian Sparkling Ale, Imperial Red Ale, and Let It Bee Honey Blonde Ale today.

 

Nice spread of beers there -- $15 is a great deal on the Imperial Red too!? 

MichaelL likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My next batches include; Dortmunter, CAL and perhaps another as well.  I still have May the Schwartz in line.  As there is a fairly good chance that we may move is in the works, I am keeping the list and the purchase of another LBK on hold until that decision is made.  May even invest in one of those newfangled conical thingies after a new brew station is set.  Besides, I will have 4 various cases until then (plus another not drinkable until March 2018).

 

 

 

18058104_757646677727543_5382786156158748581_n.jpg

Shrike and hotrod3539 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am drinking Dortmunder Export bottled June 2016, and I think I have Twang :-/  or Simcoe.

 

Or is that how it tastes - I am not sure what hopping it has.

 

Hope you guys have better luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrMJG said:

My next batches include; Dortmunter, CAL and perhaps another as well.  I still have May the Schwartz in line.  As there is a fairly good chance that we may move is in the works, I am keeping the list and the purchase of another LBK on hold until that decision is made.  May even invest in one of those newfangled conical thingies after a new brew station is set.  Besides, I will have 4 various cases until then (plus another not drinkable until March 2018).

 

 

 

18058104_757646677727543_5382786156158748581_n.jpg

Yes, the newfangled conical thingy looks interesting indeed! I already know I don't have the space, or a means to keep it cool.

John K. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, epete28 said:

Yes, the newfangled conical thingy looks interesting indeed! I already know I don't have the space, or a means to keep it cool.

 

Same here.  If I had the means to control temps I'd be quite interested in one.

epete28, John K. and DrMJG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the Sparkling Australian Ale early in my brewing career.  Just like the other Seasonals, it is basically one can, boil water, add the can, yeast, ferment.  Unless you add hops or grains, it couldn't be easier.  I really hope they consider more seasonals in the future.

 

I've not done the Let It Be Honey.  Instead I ordered the Surly dog for a friend who loves hop bitterness.  Both use honey, and I'm going to make sure I find local honey instead of commercial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MiniYoda It feels weird doing these beers where I don't have to do anything "extra" now. I've done a couple since I started brewing again, but before I was adding DME at the least, and hops too, more often than not to everything! Now HME + yeast only makes me feel like I'm forgetting something.

MiniYoda likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, epete28 said:

@MiniYoda It feels weird doing these beers where I don't have to do anything "extra" now. I've done a couple since I started brewing again, but before I was adding DME at the least, and hops too, more often than not to everything! Now HME + yeast only makes me feel like I'm forgetting something.

 

That's how good the original product is.  I did the sparkling ale, a Baltic porter and a Helles Bock.  All were good as-is because Mr. Beer/Coopers put everything needed in one can.  That's why I hope they do more in the future.  I probably will get some more of what they have left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, epete28 said:

@MiniYoda Holy Crap, I just looked up Surly Dog! O.G. 1.081! GEEZ! LOL

 

Yea, final ABV around 8.8%, IBU at 72.....it should make his toenails curl

 

Nickfixit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Seasonal refill cans.

I still have  Baltic Porter (3), HellesBock and Imperial Red Ale left to brew. When I brewed them before,  I was not too fond of the last 2 I am not sure if they were cidery or what but they had  taste I do not care for much. I had the same taste with the Dortmunder Export. The Porter was fine, but they all came out over carbonated even after 3 weeks fermenting. That probably affected the taste too.  In my fermenting experience the best seasonals were the Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale (I just made my last one), the Nut Brown Ale and the Biere de Saison.

These best last 3 were all 2013 seasonals (have they changed their brewer since then?). So I am not buying more of the others.

I tried the Australian Sparkling Ale but I like the Cooper's (6 gal div. by 3) version better (with added Pride of Ringwood hops.

Maybe I am just not a big heavy beer fan?

 

I plan to do another Baltic Porter next month

John K. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a glass of the Jan 2017 Baltic Porter tonight. For me it needs to be warm to taste good - but then it is OK although not my fav dark beer.

I like the regular Porter with a Robust and  Smooth LME much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now