Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epete28

Super Curious!

11 posts in this topic

I've got a batch that I'm chomping at the bit to try. Problem is, it's only been bottled 15 days! I haven't had it this bad since batch #1! I know I'll be rewarded for waiting, but dang.....! I've got 1 batch ready, 2 conditioning, and 1 fermenting. If I can hold out, I'll soon have plenty thats ready, but its tough.

Shrike likes this

What is this batch, Pete?  If it is an IPA or a wheat, try it early.  It should be OK after 2 or 3 weeks.

It's a CAL that I added DME(1 pound), booster(2 packs), and Willamette pellets to. Fermented with US-05.

I would think that would be OK to try young.  The lighter beers don't gain much by aging/conditioning like the higher ABV or maltier/darker beers do.  Maybe wait 3 weeks since it will probably have a higher ABV than normal.

3 minutes ago, C-ya said:

I would think that would be OK to try young.  The lighter beers don't gain much by aging/conditioning like the higher ABV or maltier/darker beers do.  Maybe wait 3 weeks since it will probably have a higher ABV than normal.

Yeah, ABV is 6.6% on this one.

Hang in there, you'll be rewarded with a great beer! In the meantime, treat your self to a craft brew, or better yet, go to a local brew pub for a tasting.

Shrike likes this

I catch myself standing in front of my fermenters thinking "A few days early won't matter." Then I realize I do the same when I open the door of the conditioning closet.

Then I go buy 6 of some local crafty brew I have not tried yet.

Shrike, Creeps McLane and C-ya like this