Mr.Beer Community
joshua.j.grissom

3G Conical Fermenter

FastFerment has been around a long time.  You can read reviews online, and see the pros and cons of it. The 3 gallon model is new everywhere.  

Temp control is a key issue for any brewing, even if you want to brew warmer you still want to control the temps.  Large temperature fluctuations are bad regardless.

I was preparing to bottle a batch of Saison du Miel but a disaster dumped the whole batch down the drain. I hadn't made sure the ball valve was securely tightened in place. While I am glad the valve can be taken apart for cleaning, I had do idea it might unscrew along with the jar assembly. When I was taking the jar off to attach the bottling adapter, the ball valve parts all fell out. Before I could figure out what went wrong, an entire batch of beer an poured out of the FastFermenter.

I was just amazed and really pleased when MRB Tim just offered to send me a replacement for the Saison du Miel!

That's great service. I was just sending out a warning so others might not repeat my mistake. 

I'll be repeating the Saison du Miel in the Fast Fermenter very soon.