Mr.Beer Community
Scottyb in Wi

Question about Diablo IPA

Hi everyone 

I have Diablo IPA currently brewing and I did a taste sample as it's getting bottled in a few days and the taste to me is really bitter. So my question is when it is bottled and has the carbonation drops added will it take away some of the bitterness? 

2 minutes ago, Scottyb in Wi said:

Hi everyone 

I have Diablo IPA currently brewing and I did a taste sample as it's getting bottled in a few days and the taste to me is really bitter. So my question is when it is bottled and has the carbonation drops added will it take away some of the bitterness? 

I mean, it's an IPA, it's kinda SUPPOSED to be bitter, so I'm gonna say probably not, although I have not had Diablo.

Carb drops won’t change that, but time will have an effect. Generally hops become more subdued with time. Give it a few weeks, the. Put one in the fridge for a few days before drinking. If you like it, consider them done and start drinking them. If not, give it a couple more weeks in the bottle at room temp before sampling again. Keep going until you feel like it’s good. 

2 hours ago, Scottyb in Wi said:

Hi everyone 

Carbing it will probably make that taste more pronounced. Thats why i love a nicely carbed beer. It accents a lot of flavors. 

I remember one time i made an IPA with the north west pale ale amd some citra hops. Thats was a bitter bomb. I brought everything to my ipa loving friend and even he had a hard time sucking them down. 

Best thing to do with any batch thats not quite your favorite. Save it for later in the night when your senses are dulled. Then choke one down.