Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moots

Turning Let it Bee into an IPA

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone  I was wondering If it would be possible to turn the Let it Bee recipe into an IPA?  Not sure what hops would be good to add for this purpose.  Booster or LME (or both)?   I believe the recipe comes with Mt Hood hops packet.  What would be good to add to this to make into an IPA?   I am thinking of ordering the recipe again and would either order two plus what ever else was needed or get the Canadian Blonde refill, and use the left over grains as well as any hops and/or other additives.  Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated!  This is my first time tinkering with any recipes that I have tried.  

Not really.  The base is Canadian Blonde.  IPAs have high IBUs, which come from adding bittering hops to a boil as well as dry hopping.  You'd have to do a boil with LME, add hops at the right time, and then combine the two.  Given that Mr. Beer sells IPAs, why do this?

epete28 and MRB Tim like this

@RickBeer This was an idea floating around after several beverage, kind of a seemed like a good idea at the time type of idea.  I have done a couple of the IPA's that Mr. Beer offers, and they are wonderful!!  I do appreciate the input, and any advice!!!