David Coburn

Fast Fermenter and the Ambrosia tripel

4 posts in this topic

The instructions on the website for the fast fermenter say to empty the mason jar at 5 days, then finish the fermentation.  I am making the Amberosia Tripel in the fast fermenter and am going to let it ferment for 3 weeks.  Do I still empty at 5 days, or do I wait for a longer period say 7 or 10 days?

MRB Tim likes this

39 minutes ago, David Coburn said:

The instructions on the website for the fast fermenter say to empty the mason jar at 5 days, then finish the fermentation.  I am making the Amberosia Tripel in the fast fermenter and am going to let it ferment for 3 weeks.  Do I still empty at 5 days, or do I wait for a longer period say 7 or 10 days?

Funny i just read all this last night right off their site

i think they want you to dump the trub into a bucket type thing once at day one and then once before primary finishes. Then attach the collection ball to catch your yeast if you choose to harvest it.  Otherwise id just dump that also. 

MRB Tim likes this

3 hours ago, David Coburn said:

Do I still empty at 5 days, or do I wait for a longer period say 7 or 10 days?

I know of no benefit to leaving it on the trub longer, I say the sooner the better. 

DrMJG, kedogn and hotrod3539 like this

I called support and asked about that. I was told to empty it at 5 days, and again at 9. I brewed the velvet velociraptor in the 3G Fast Ferment, emptied it 3x as the fruit puree filled up the jar. Not quite ready yet, but it smelled great while bottling, and the small taste was nice.

Creeps McLane likes this