Mr.Beer Community
SilverBrewerWI

New Brewing LBK Fermentation Perv

Thought I would say Hi after well over a month reading and still reading the new brewer's section.  Yes, Rickbeer, I read the links in your signature line before I ever opened the LBK box.  I bottled my first batch (American Lager) last Wednesday and started my second batch (Yule like this ale) yesterday.  I know, I know, I jumped from the very simple to a little more complex but studied and read for weeks.  Within 12 hours, I had a very aggressive fermentation and now, 24 hours after brewing, I have more than 2 inches of Krausen, tons of activity and a temp of 67.  I love this stuff and enjoy shining led light to see the activity.  When I bottled, the American Lager tasted like a very light flat beer, but good.  So, after reading, I read some more, and then read some more.  I almost feel guilty can't think of anything to ask that would result in rick beer telling me to read his links.  hehehehehe..........I'm a 51 year old smartass government employee, soldier and Navy vet.  Oh yeah, hey rick beer, I perv the beer over and over and over again.  That sounds so wrong on a few levels.  So, Hi, I appreciate all the time and effort you all put into answering everyone else's questions so I don't have to ask.

Just now, DEFbrewer said:

Welcome to your newest obsession. After reading for hours on the forum, one of the things I come away with is we are all obsessive compulsives in one way or another. But it works well in this hobby!

Yeah, I thought I was obsessive until I started reading here.  No offense, but there are people here that redefine the word.  It's good though, I get to learn from everyone else's mistakes.

You have broken quite a few rules in your first posts...

First, you said you read before you brewed.  Shame on you.

Second, you said you followed directions.  How could you?

Third, and most important, you made fun of the Revered High Lord of Beer, and he shalt bring fury upon you...

Welcome!  

4 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

You have broken quite a few rules in your first posts...

First, you said you read before you brewed.  Shame on you.

Second, you said you followed directions.  How could you?

Third, and most important, you made fun of the Revered High Lord of Beer, and he shalt bring fury upon you...

Welcome!  

hehehehe...thanks oh lord of all things mr. beer.......You answered a lot of my questions before I even started this.  thanks for the effort to make this hobby better.