Mr.Beer Community
76shovel

Any faster developing suggestions?

I've kinda locked up a pile of bottles with stouts, porters, and a bock lager. The couple brews I have fermenting suggest a 3-4 month period from brewing to belly too.  I have a nice stash in the basement beer fridge to pass the time but they won't last until spring. So what do you folks suggest for a beer with a faster development to fill that gap?  Yeah I could just hit the beer aisle on grocery day but where's the fun in that?

Looking for something that might be done at 3+3 or only slightly beyond that.

Thanks!

Looking at my brew notes, Witch's Flight, Santa Rita Pale Ale, and Suava Java all fit the bill.  Those are the ones I've done that I really enjoy and have quick turnarounds; I plan on brewing them all again.  I might add Long Play IPA to that list once I taste the first one in a week.

13 hours ago, 76shovel said:

I've kinda locked up a pile of bottles with stouts, porters, and a bock lager. The couple brews I have fermenting suggest a 3-4 month period from brewing to belly too.  I have a nice stash in the basement beer fridge to pass the time but they won't last until spring. So what do you folks suggest for a beer with a faster development to fill that gap?  Yeah I could just hit the beer aisle on grocery day but where's the fun in that?

Looking for something that might be done at 3+3 or only slightly beyond that.

Thanks!

Might not hurt to check out the recipe spreadsheet I've posted on this forum.  Column Y is Total Time, which is the least amount of time recommended from start of fermenting until the beer might be ready to drink.  Lots of 2's in this column, and while they might be ready in 2 months, the longer the better.

Oh, and the fun in hitting the the beer aisle at the grocery (or liquor store)?  Sampling craft and locally made beers, to get ideas of what to try to make next

On 12/14/2017 at 6:59 AM, MiniYoda said:

Might not hurt to check out the recipe spreadsheet I've posted on this forum.  Column Y is Total Time, which is the least amount of time recommended from start of fermenting until the beer might be ready to drink.  Lots of 2's in this column, and while they might be ready in 2 months, the longer the better.

Oh, and the fun in hitting the the beer aisle at the grocery (or liquor store)?  Sampling craft and locally made beers, to get ideas of what to try to make next

MiniYoda, where is that spreadsheet?  I am not seeing it.

http://community.mrbeer.com/topic/35926-creating-a-recipe-database/?page=4#comment-463525

scroll down and click on MrBeerRecipes.xlsx  It's an Excel spreadsheet.  It's a work in progress.  I keep finding mistakes and fixing them.....a newer version will be uploaded later this month.

MiniYoda......shamelessly self promoting myself

On 12/15/2017 at 7:50 AM, MiniYoda said:

http://community.mrbeer.com/topic/35926-creating-a-recipe-database/?page=4#comment-463525

scroll down and click on MrBeerRecipes.xlsx  It's an Excel spreadsheet.  It's a work in progress.  I keep finding mistakes and fixing them.....a newer version will be uploaded later this month.

MiniYoda......shamelessly self promoting myself

Wow, that's a helluva thread and a butt-ton of great work.  Saved it to my Docs.