Mr.Beer Community
BDawg62

Christmas presents

Hello to all the individuals that got a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas.  Welcome to what could become a very rewarding hobby for you.  I know that each and everyone of you are just dying to brew this thing up and get to drinking your very own beer.  Here is a little advice; WAIT AT LEAST 1 DAY.  Why you may ask? Well if you wait 1 day and spend that time on this forum you will brew much better beer than if you brew it today without doing some reading first.  Very few people who brew up a beer kit for the first time actually stick with it.  That is because it is relatively simple if you know what you are doing.  Without reading on this forum and elsewhere, you won't know what you are doing.  Look for a post from @RickBeer and read through all of the stickies on his signature line.  If nothing else this will give you a better start than without it. 

There are a lot of people on this forum who are more than willing to help so please ask questions.  Chances are your first attempt won't turn out that great but then again neither did most of our first beers.

Cheers and Welcome,

Big Dawg

Well, I got mine for Christmas, SWMBO simply didn't wait till Christmas to give it to me.  Got American Ale about ready to be consumed and Christmas Eve bottled Yule Like This Ale, tasted awesome at bottling.  Next up is Northwest Pale Ale.  Now, she didn't stop with Mr. Beer.  My birthday closely follows Christmas, so she got me a hand-blown Pilsner glass in which to drink all my home brewed goodness.  Someone Loves Me.

I second the welcome and advice to read, read, read before you get started.  It has made my experience thus far much more enjoyable.

Well I just got The Beer kit with the Long Play IPA extract in it so I'm looking forward to making a batch in the next day or so. I'm hoping that there are suppliers around where I live so that I can get extra bottles and other supplies. although I'll be getting my beer extracts from Mr Beer. Can anyone suggest a smooth beer that is bot to Bitter Also are there Mr Beer Distributers in Ontario Canada.

Thanks >>> Greg

Thanks for the welcome!  Just got my LBK for Christmas also, with the Long Play IPA.  This community has put a lot of great information on this forum, with it, I'm hoping my first run tastes like something resembling beer.  I'm looking forward to diving into these message boards while I wait.

Kal

1 hour ago, Kalrom said:

Thanks for the welcome!  Just got my LBK for Christmas also, with the Long Play IPA.  This community has put a lot of great information on this forum, with it, I'm hoping my first run tastes like something resembling beer.  I'm looking forward to diving into these message boards while I wait.

Kal

Welcome to the hobby!  As long as you follow the directions, take sanitation seriously, and have just a touch of patience, the Long Play IPA makes a tasty beer.  And the good thing about it is it doesn't take a long time before it's ready to drink.  I brewed it late October, bottled it on 13 November, started drinking it four weeks later, and it was quite good.

Yea I've watched a lot of videos and read a lot of articles now...still taking it all in and gathering supplemental equipment.  I have no problem being patient...I'd rather not ruin 6 or 7 weeks of work haha..

Something tells me that my wife will regret getting me this kit hahaha...

Kal

Is it bad that I see another LBK in the store for only $10 and am thinking to myself I should just go ahead and get another batch started now, then ultimately be able to rotate kegs and keep a more constant supply?  I have an extra cabinet for it...  hmmm

Kal