Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
epete28

Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner

I have a standard refill, and I've never tried it before. I like to make them as is at least once, and I most likely will this time as well, but I'm curious about what additions have any of you made to it?

I changed to Saaz hops, added a pale LME and added an extra booster.  The result was  a Czech style Pilsners that was a cross between Staropremin and Budvar.  Big, full and a kick to boost.  Have re-made it twice and it is the family favorite

images-7.jpeg

Saaz is a good add for that one. 

I used a Hallertauer and Tettnanger mix also for Cooper's Lager. and that was nice. For that one I steeped the hops in just boiled water for 30 min (Poured over hops in bag, not boiled) and  it was good. I only  used 4g of each.

Then put the liquor into LBK. No worries with hops or bag in LBK.

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 11:54 PM, DrMJG said:

I changed to Saaz hops, added a pale LME and added an extra booster.  The result was  a Czech style Pilsners that was a cross between Staropremin and Budvar.  Big, full and a kick to boost.  Have re-made it twice and it is the family favorite

images-7.jpeg

I have not added the booster, but have added the Saaz and the LME. I brewed it as a true lager using WLP802 Czech lager yeast from my local HBS.