MiniYoda

MUG MidWest meeting

11 posts in this topic

Threw out that date because it gives us about 3 months to schedule time off, make plans for hotel, travel, kids sitters, brew something special, etc.

and if lucky, the folks at Mr. Beer could create a t-shirt for us

BTW, this is not restricted to those who live in the "mid west".  All are welcome.  Munster IN is close to a big city that has big airports.  Can't remember the name of where the Cubs/White Sox/Bears/Black Hawks/Bulls play, but it'll come to me.

and if SWMBO is skeptical, tell her "fly with me", "road trip up north", and give her a credit card. She'll figure out where Michigan Avenue is.

:D :D :D 

EDIT. fixed spelling.  Not Howks.  HAWKS.

and.....Go Fire!!!!!!!!!!

Creeps McLane likes this

5 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

BTW, this is not restricted to those who live in the "mid west".  All are welcome.  Munster IN is close to a big city that has big airports.  Can't remember the name of where the Cubs/White Sox/Bears/Black Howks/Bulls play, but it'll come to me.

and if SWMBO is skeptical, tell her "fly with me", "road trip up north", and give her a credit card. She'll figure out where Michigan Avenue is.

:D :D :D 

Yea, I know. The name of that city is on the tip of my tongue....  :P

The only problem is that SWMBO hates flying! :mellow:

MiniYoda likes this

6 minutes ago, scouterbill said:

Yea, I know. The name of that city is on the tip of my tongue....  :P

The only problem is that SWMBO hates flying! :mellow:

Tell her "Fewer pee breaks than driving".

Sorry, but was married, and she loved coffee

The seed has been planted. If i did come id either bring a friend or maybe, MAYBE the family. Probably just a friend though. Calendar looks open. Its under a 4 hour drive for me. She denied me portland this year so maybe munster will get passed

12 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

She denied me portland this year

That's a bummer.  I had been debating on going since I go to Portland so often anyway (2.5  hours down the road).  However, my schedule just changed at work, so I no longer have Thursday/Friday off, so what would have lined up nicely, isn't so much any more.  Not that I couldn't make it happen... we'll see.

As for the other, I bet that would be fun.  I'm always looking for an excuse to go somewhere, but that is the last weekend of Tax Season, so I am out for sure!  #BusyBusy!

17 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

@kedogn the date was randomly chosen.  I can change it if you think you could make it later in April

Thanks. I’ll have to get back on that, honestly. I just saw the Seahawks are playing the Raiders in London the day before my bday this year. I’m going to try talking the wife into going to that. We’ve been wanting to go to London, the Hawks are playing and it’s basically my birthday. Sounds like a reason to party... of course how busy Manfish is will dictate what I can and can’t do as well. We shall see. :) 

I’m thinking I got the wife agreeing to London.  She isn’t sure she would want to do the game, and honestly, if we watching it at a real English Pub instead of paying the $ to go, I’m game.  Looking like riding the train to Paris, Amsterdam and Munich also (travel agents get awesome deals on Eurorail passes).  My business partner and his SWMBO is thinking about going too. #ManfishInLondon 

John K. likes this