MiniYoda

MUG MidWest meeting

162 posts in this topic

That could be interesting to make it out there. Please edit your first post with all the information so that people don't need to scroll down to get the details. At least one of us from Mr. Beer should be able to make it, Pat is from Chicago, I am a Purdue grad and ran hotels in Merrillville before delving into beer in Arizona, so we know our way around the midwest. One way or another, I think we can do something.  

On 2/2/2018 at 7:47 PM, MiniYoda said:

Waking up.............I will be working on a hotel room for one this coming week (busy week at the office, but I'll keep us posted)

Doubt we can do a group hotel thing.

Im sorry, i meant to say that if you wanted some help planning this i could help out. I know you mentioned some one helping with the hotels. Whatever you dont want to do I can help with. 

Im still not positive on my timing but my goal is to leave green bay around 2 pm on friday, swing through sheboygan for a quick growler fill when 3 sheeps opens at 3. Then maybe eat dinner in Chicago and final in Munster for the Friday night bottle share! 

Doubt we'll have to do anything for planning a hotel, as I don't think we'll need enough rooms to justify requesting a  group discount.  My vote is that we all call the Spring Hill Suites and reserve things on our own.

Creeps McLane likes this

I now have off that friday before. Im in contact with one of my other buddies but it doesn’t sound like he’ll be able to make it. So then it’ll be me and my friend Jeff. Hes a super nice guy who drinks a lot of IPAs but is a fan of well crafted beers all around. He’s my super taster. The one I bring all my beers to for judgement. Cant wait for y’all to buy me a drink at 3 floyds!!!

scouterbill and C-ya like this

8 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

No promises or anything. I will have to check my funds to see if I can afford it. Chances are slim, but I'll see what I can do.

Request a business trip. 3 floyds makes legendary beers. A man of your status needs to taste them fresh from the establishment and possibly craft up a few HME versions. Plus a blog write up on the whole thing from MRB’s very own AHA Governing Committee nominee! I dont see the problem here...

C-ya likes this

1 minute ago, Creeps McLane said:

Request a business trip. 3 floyds makes legendary beers. A man of your status needs to taste them fresh from the establishment and possibly craft up a few HME versions. Plus a blog write up on the whole thing from MRB’s very own AHA Governing Committee nominee! I dont see the problem here...

My business trip is the AHA NHC.

Creeps McLane likes this

1 hour ago, MRB Josh R said:

My business trip is the AHA NHC.

Then if those are business, you still get vacation time, no?

Locked in.  I've made the reservation at the SpringHill suites by Marriott.  Staying three nights

https://www.google.com/maps/place/SpringHill+Suites+by+Marriott+Chicago+Southeast%2FMunster,+IN/@41.5376352,-87.5151017,849m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!3m7!1s0x8811e1afceed6097:0x12cbabe113e78481!5m2!1s2018-04-13!2i3!8m2!3d41.5377232!4d-87.5084493

If you reserve your hotel room, please send me a personal message.  Thanks

Creeps McLane likes this

Did a Google map search.

3 Floyds is     9750 Indiana Parkway Munster, Indiana 46321

The hotel is   9651 Calumet Ave Muster, Indiana

They listed it as a 10 minute walk.  They don't list the time to drive between the two places.

:D

Creeps McLane likes this

Man.....even though I’m in Texas, I would totally attend this get together, however I’m not worthy yet. I’ve never completed a successful batch yet. Have several fermenting or conditioning. This time next year I will be able to attend with a bit respectability. 

MiniYoda likes this

8 hours ago, Jdub said:

Man.....even though I’m in Texas, I would totally attend this get together, however I’m not worthy yet. I’ve never completed a successful batch yet. Have several fermenting or conditioning. This time next year I will be able to attend with a bit respectability. 

Make the trip! What better way to learn than sitting around some seasoned homebrewers, talking and drinking beer? We have all been in your shoes. Keep at it and you'll be fine. The patience not only comes in handy in waiting for your beer, it also comes in refining your craft overall. Too many people drop out due to lack of confidence in their abilities. 

If you can't make this trip, don't worry.  I'll try to organize others in the future, although I'm best planning in areas I know, such as Louisville and Cincinnati.  I'd be help people organize an event in other areas too.

D Kristof likes this

sounds kinda "unlikely", if you don't like Friday 13th, but this is my booking

SpringHill Suites Chicago Southeast/Munster IN, Munster

Apr 13, 2018 - Apr 16, 2018

The Force will be with use

Creeps McLane likes this

Bottle share Friday, aka "bar room hopping" won't happen in one room.  We'll visit each other's hotel rooms and share what we brought, one room at a time.  We'll order pizza if we need to.

Saturday, drink 'em dry.  Tour the brewery a few times if we need too.

Also note that, per the first post, Byway Brewing company is close, and the home brew store of "Brew and Blooms" is also close.  We can hit them Saturday, or sometime Sunday.

We'll make up the rules as we go.  Just need to make sure we make a care package to mail to the folks in Tucson

Creeps McLane and D Kristof like this