MiniYoda

MUG MidWest meeting

162 posts in this topic

It's freaking awesome that you guys are making this happen! I only regret that I won't make it. I look forward to hearing all about it, though!

MiniYoda and Creeps McLane like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we're working on it....there will be pictures.

 

and again, First Sergeant, if every you need some R&R at Fort Knox, let me know.

Big Sarge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Ok, I’m booked. Friday 13th - Sunday 15

 

@hotrod3539 you coming?

 

so, bottle share Friday night in one of our rooms. Saturday brewery tour and our attempt to drink three Floyds taps dry?

 

I am still trying to work it out. I am Scheduled to be on call that weekend but i am trying to get someone to switch or just take it..... (unsuccessfully so far...) so it is still up in the air for me.

Creeps McLane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at my brewing calendar, getting things ready for the weekend, and saw what I wrote down for next weekend.  "DO NOT BREW".  Then I looked why.  Three weeks later is the MUG meeting at Munster / 3 Floyds.

 

That means that in 4 weeks, we'll be drinking 3 Floyds dry.  If you're going, make sure you reserve your hotel room soon.....apparently there's only 5 left that weekend.

 

Yoda

Creeps McLane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

I was looking at my brewing calendar, getting things ready for the weekend, and saw what I wrote down for next weekend.  "DO NOT BREW".  Then I looked why.  Three weeks later is the MUG meeting at Munster / 3 Floyds.

 

That means that in 4 weeks, we'll be drinking 3 Floyds dry.  If you're going, make sure you reserve your hotel room soon.....apparently there's only 5 left that weekend.

 

Yoda

 

I can't make it but if I wanted to contribute to your Friday night festivities, where could I send a box of Bonsai beer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

 

I can't make it but if I wanted to contribute to your Friday night festivities, where could I send a box of Bonsai beer?

If you do send something id send it to one of us so we can fridge it for 3 days to do it justice. Maybe one of the closer guys?

Bonsai & Brew likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can receive the package. I will send you my mailing address via personal message. 

 

I don't have home/personal brews to send back, but I'll send some of Louisville/Kentucky's finest (ever had a true-to-recipe Kentucky Common?)  Others who show up will contribute, and I'll resend the box with what we collect after the event.

 

Yoda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tick......Tock......Tick.....Tock.....

 

As of now, just the two of us.  I'm hoping to have a head count by the end of the week, so that I know how much beer to bring and what to order from Mr. Beer for the event.

 

And if the folks at Mr. Beer can't make it, no worries.....I'll try to ship them some stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

Tick......Tock......Tick.....Tock.....

 

As of now, just the two of us.  I'm hoping to have a head count by the end of the week, so that I know how much beer to bring and what to order from Mr. Beer for the event.

 

And if the folks at Mr. Beer can't make it, no worries.....I'll try to ship them some stuff

 

I'm still planning on sending a care package your way no matter how many show up.

MiniYoda and Creeps McLane like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

😞 i refuse to like such a post

 

Trust me, it hurt typing it out......

 

17 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

I'll give him a like, just because he tried.  Plus, perhaps he could host a meeting in his area of Pickering/Columbus Ohio.

 

For sure, i can name at least 7 brewerys (there is probably more i am forgetting or dont know about) here in the Pickerington/Columbus area (BrewDog, Land Grant, Wolfs Ridge, Seventh Son, Elevator,  Combustion, Loose Rail) we could hit up... some do give tours (i would have to research that info) I can also give a drive by of the local Bud$%@!r plant :D:lol: 

D Kristof and MiniYoda like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time Americans flew an airplane, there was one person on board

 

First time the US launched a manned mission into space, there was one person on board.

 

First time someone flew around the world (with stops), there was one person on board.

 

First MUG meeting, there are two people on board.

 

Got them all beat.  But the more the merrier 

MRB Josh R likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hotrod3539 said:

 

Trust me, it hurt typing it out......

 

 

For sure, i can name at least 7 brewerys (there is probably more i am forgetting or dont know about) here in the Pickerington/Columbus area (BrewDog, Land Grant, Wolfs Ridge, Seventh Son, Elevator,  Combustion, Loose Rail) we could hit up... some do give tours (i would have to research that info) I can also give a drive by of the local Bud$%@!r plant :D:lol: 

 

I will get back with you to figure out how to plan it.  

hotrod3539 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MiniYoda said:

First time Americans flew an airplane, there was one person on board

 

First time the US launched a manned mission into space, there was one person on board.

 

First time someone flew around the world (with stops), there was one person on board.

 

First MUG meeting, there are two people on board.

 

Got them all beat.  But the more the merrier 

My wife and my dance card is pretty full this year otherwise I'd be trying to make it.

MiniYoda likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

First time Americans flew an airplane, there was one person on board

 

First time the US launched a manned mission into space, there was one person on board.

 

First time someone flew around the world (with stops), there was one person on board.

 

First MUG meeting, there are two people on board.

 

Got them all beat.  But the more the merrier 

 

Hmmn, would be nice to do something here at HQ at some point. . . . 

MRB Josh R and MiniYoda like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it looks like I will be attending this event with you guys, at least for the weekend. I will also be bringing a bunch of free MRB swag for attendees and possibly a few AZ beers to share, including a few of my own. If anything changes from the original itinerary on the top post, please let us know. We will look into doing a livestream on location, but I may just video the event and show some highlights in a later live stream. We'll figure it out. Even if there are only a couple of us there, we'll still have a good time (more beer for us, right? lol).

 

See you all in a couple of weeks! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now