MiniYoda

MUG MidWest meeting

162 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

So it looks like I will be attending this event with you guys, at least for the weekend. I will also be bringing a bunch of free MRB swag for attendees and possibly a few AZ beers to share, including a few of my own. If anything changes from the original itinerary on the top post, please let us know. We will look into doing a livestream on location, but I may just video the event and show some highlights in a later live stream. We'll figure it out. Even if there are only a couple of us there, we'll still have a good time (more beer for us, right? lol).

See you all in a couple of weeks! B)

So you drew short straw?   :D

You'll be #3 (I'll update the first message of the thread shortly).  I won't have any home brew......most of them are Mr. Beer recipes anyways.  But I'll bring some of Louisville/Kentucky's finest.  Ever had a true-to-recipe Kentucky Common?

MRB Josh R likes this

Just now, MiniYoda said:

So you drew short straw?   :D

You'll be #3 (I'll update the first message of the thread shortly).  I won't have any home brew......most of them are Mr. Beer recipes anyways.  But I'll bring some of Louisville/Kentucky's finest.  Ever had a true-to-recipe Kentucky Common?

Harbottle Brewing Company here in Tucson makes one called Kentucky Sunglasses. While it's to style, it's definitely not a native Kentucky beer.

Cato likes this

20 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

So it looks like I will be attending this event with you guys, at least for the weekend. I will also be bringing a bunch of free MRB swag for attendees and possibly a few AZ beers to share, including a few of my own. If anything changes from the original itinerary on the top post, please let us know. We will look into doing a livestream on location, but I may just video the event and show some highlights in a later live stream. We'll figure it out. Even if there are only a couple of us there, we'll still have a good time (more beer for us, right? lol).

See you all in a couple of weeks! B)

3 guys. Dont forget my buddy from work. Hes brewed with me once or twice and he has a very refined sense of taste. Even if hes not sure what hes tasting 

MiniYoda and D Kristof like this

8 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

We can also put this out on our social media channels. We may be able to get a few more people that aren't on the forums to show up.

sounds great.

I think I've created a monster!  But fun it will be

MRB Josh R and hotrod3539 like this

Me and @MiniYoda will work on another one For maybe September In the Greater Columbus Oh. area (Including BrewDogs Only brewery here in the US.). We have TONS of breweries and Taprooms around here, many within walking distance(ISH) of each other so some planning might be done with everyone once we are all together. We have an airport right here (John Glen International airport code CMH) for those that want to fly in and hotels/motels GALORE! Depending on how many come we could look at renting a couple vehicles, or piling into the vehicles of those that drive in, or live around here and go from there. We are only in the VERY early stages of this idea so look for a separate post to pop up soon!

Creeps McLane and MRB Josh R like this

23 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

@C-ya @scouterbill yall in? Were getting close

I'll make it Saturday evening after a class.  I'll try to get a room so we can partake more of the good stuff without trying to drive home.

Creeps McLane and MiniYoda like this

@C-Ya added to the "attending" list.  Total of 5.

I've updated my Mr. Beer shopping cart, and now have to start planning what I need to buy to bring up.

MRB Rick and C-ya like this

Quite probably the most difficult part of this event is the fact that 3 Floyds ships its beers to the Louisville area.  I just got a Untappd message that one of my favorite pub has added LaserSnake to their tap list.  I hope I can ignore the tap and hold out two more weeks.

C-ya and Creeps McLane like this

Man, wish I could make this.  My son is in a theatre performance that weekend, so it would behoove me to not miss that.  ;)  I am also working the East Nashville Beer Fest the weekend before, and the World Beer Cup and Craft Brewers Conference a couple weeks after, so I probably shouldn't push my luck on beer events.  Being a former Hoosier, it's been ages since I've been to Three Floyds.  We did our 4th annual meetup with [a board that can't be mentioned here] in February here in Nashville and it was a great deal of fun.  We've done Asheville twice and Nashville twice so far.    You all are always welcome to come down to Nashville...  we have a great brewing scene now, with plenty of stellar breweries.  Oh, and music...  lots of music.  And hot chicken.

MiniYoda likes this

44 minutes ago, swenocha said:

Man, wish I could make this.  My son is in a theatre performance that weekend, so it would behoove me to not miss that.  ;)  I am also working the East Nashville Beer Fest the weekend before, and the World Beer Cup and Craft Brewers Conference a couple weeks after, so I probably shouldn't push my luck on beer events.  Being a former Hoosier, it's been ages since I've been to Three Floyds.  We did our 4th annual meetup with [a board that can't be mentioned here] in February here in Nashville and it was a great deal of fun.  We've done Asheville twice and Nashville twice so far.    You all are always welcome to come down to Nashville...  we have a great brewing scene now, with plenty of stellar breweries.  Oh, and music...  lots of music.  And hot chicken.

You could always start a MUG Southeast group and plan a meet-up

Well, I already have the annual meetups from the other group (folks who used to be here), so another group may be overkill for me.  But if someone plans one down this way, i will certainly be interested...  ;}

On 3/27/2018 at 6:54 PM, Creeps McLane said:

@C-ya @scouterbill yall in? Were getting close

My attendance is 'iffy' at best. We've been crazy busy since the first of the year and my boss is sending me 'hither, thither, and yon' supporting other regions. I've probably logged 30k miles this year (10k/month), so even if I'm not busy that weekend I'll have to do some serious bribing to get SWMBO to bless this endeavor. I'm going to try my 'damnedest'. 

MiniYoda likes this