MiniYoda

MUG MidWest meeting

162 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

@Bonsai & Brew has added is home brewery, Stau-Haus, to Untappd.  He has loaded two of his 12 beers that he sent us (hopefully he can add the remaining 10 before tomorrow evening). 

I promised him we will give him "honest" reviews on them

:D

Jesus @Bonsai & Brew, that’s a lot of beer! What a great problem

Bonsai & Brew likes this

Our forecast for the next 6-48 hours includes a blizzard warning with 40-50 mph winds and 8-12 inches of snow.  While normal people stock up on bread, milk and tobacco, I made a quick stop at the LHBS for base malts and yeast.  After crafting a brew, I plan to enter a few more beers on Untappd and add all my new friends. :D

Creeps McLane, Cato, C-ya and 1 other like this

39 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

Josh has arrived and we are all hungry, ao we're going to 3 floyds now for a bite and a beer

I highly recommend the Scotch Egg!!

C-ya likes this

16 minutes ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Hey Alejandro, you might give us a hint how to find you on Untappd!:D

I joined Untappd over 4 years ago under a different nickname: visorbill. I'm also in Untappd as a brewer: 618 Brewing. 

Bonsai & Brew likes this

Sitting at home wishing I was at 3 Floyd's. Was going through some of my older inventory and ran across some of my original Belgian Spiced Ale (brewed in June 2015).  Decided to chill some so that I would have something to toast you guys with. Opened one tonight and all I can say is Wow! It's mellowed wonderfully. The spice came through nicely on the nose. Still wonderfully carbonated. A good malt presence with a warming spice finish. This brew has definitely aged well!!

IMG_1837.JPG

Shrike, John K., MRB Josh R and 6 others like this

Summary of yesterday and plans for today

Day one was a lot of fun.  When @MRB Josh R arrived, @Creeps McLane, his friend Jeff and I were ready to go to 3 Floyds for supper.  Josh was ready to eat too, so we waited for him to unload his car and we all went to eat.  We did sample some of their beers, but that's more planned for today.  When we got back to the hotel, the hotel staff allowed us to use the conference room for our tasting of beers we brought.  Small samples of each, but there were a LOT of different beers.  So many that we couldn't finish all that we wanted to sample, and haven't even looked at the main event, @Bonsai & Brew's shipment.

Today, once we get up and start moving, we'll go back to 3 Floyds for the tasting and tour, and we'll return here to sample Bonsai's beers.  I'll post the results of those either late tonight or tomorrow morning

@C-ya, I will send you a personal message with my phone number.  Call or text when you arrive, and we'll tell you where we are