Werwer2018

Poor Customer Service

7 posts in this topic

My wife bought me a Mr Beer kit for Christmas through The Shopping Channel in Ontario Canada. I did the first step in the brewing process on the 31st of December. On the 3rd of January I decided I wanted to get more extract so I got a hold of the Shopping Channel but they don't have the extract. Kept checking around but nothing. I have put in a number of request through Mr Beer and also the face book page but still nothing. I ddi get one answer saying that I could buy it through there place in Arizona but with the duty, shipping and exchange rate it would be very expensive. I'm frustrated and now will probably just go with a product available in Canada.

Greg

Go check out your LHBS shop. They have many cans of extract, most for 5 gallons but they will still be cheaper than the crazy cost to get mr. B to us in Canada. Not sure if you have a Princess Auto store near you, but if so, they sell good quality extracts by a competitor of Mr B’s that I have successfully used. Happy brewing!

It's not poor customer service. It's because an American company has no cost-effective way to ship to Canada.  Shipping costs and duties are outrageous.  You're not the first to ask about it.  

You would think that if you sell kits in Canada that they would sell the refills. By poor customer service I mean that no one has gotten back to me at all about this, they say they will but don't. I have talked to a man in Arizona customer service twice and I keep hearing I'll get back to you. That was ten days ago. I have checked my local supply houses but they don't carry the Mr Beer LME. So now I've decided to use Coopers and make the 5 gallon batch. 

Unfortunately, our hands are tied when it comes to shipping costs from our warehouse to individual customers in Canada when buying from our website. We do not set the prices, the carriers do. However, when we sell wholesale, it's much cheaper for us to ship large pallets than individual kits/refills. With that said, we do not determine what inventory goes into the retail stores. This is determined by the stores themselves. While we do encourage them to also purchase refills from us, some of them will only purchase the kits.

I would like to apologize for the customer service delays. January is, by far, our busiest month of the year, and with only 2 customer service reps on staff going through hundreds of emails, answering phones, and online chats, we do get a bit overwhelmed at times so waiting periods on replies may be longer than normal.

I recommend purchasing our refills on Amazon since they do carry a large volume of our products and shipping should be a bit cheaper for you.

We are currently looking into more affordable ways to make our products more accessible to our Canadian customers. This is one of our priorities for 2018.