Mr.Beer Community

Wasn't sure where to post this so please move if needed. 
I am building myself a shelf/cabinet to go inside a closet in my small apartment to hold up to 4 LBK's and 3 drawers for bottling storage and some drawers for supplies. I have looked everywhere for ideas and hints but I found nothing. Has anyone here done anything like this and can post pics? Any suggestions for apartment brewing in little to no space? 

38 minutes ago, Timelordjason said:

Wasn't sure where to post this so please move if needed. 
I am building myself a shelf/cabinet to go inside a closet in my small apartment to hold up to 4 LBK's and 3 drawers for bottling storage and some drawers for supplies. I have looked everywhere for ideas and hints but I found nothing. Has anyone here done anything like this and can post pics? Any suggestions for apartment brewing in little to no space? 

Buy a dorm fridge instead. True temp control is better than frozen bottles 

oh it is my closet i keep my apartmnt in room temps like 70 degrees and the closet is cooler so even if i turn it to 74 its like 72 in there the beer is not gonna freeze.
I do not understand how they could. 
I dont mean a cooling chamber I mean like a rack setup for the lbks to ferment in my closet and some drawers for conditioning bottles. 

2 minutes ago, Timelordjason said:

oh it is my closet i keep my apartmnt in room temps like 70 degrees and the closet is cooler so even if i turn it to 74 its like 72 in there the beer is not gonna freeze.
I do not understand how they could. 
I dont mean a cooling chamber I mean like a rack setup for the lbks to ferment in my closet and some drawers for conditioning bottles. 

Only beers id do in there would be a saison or a Hefeweizen. Otherwise you can keep a cooler in there and keep swapping out frozen bottles of water to keep a good temp of about 64. 72 is way high for most ales

my point was, no likes to play the frozen water game. If you leave for the weekend no one will be there to swap your bottles out. Every day or 12 hours even you swapping bottles. 

In a dorm fridge and a temp controller you just set it and walk away for 3 weeks. Easy. Save yourself the hassle if you think this is gonna be a hobby you like.

I am very much a newby but getting into it hard and fast. 
It seems most recipes i was looking at anyway says the high temps are anywhere from 72 to 76 my closet never gets to 76 and for 3 weeks my closet has been 70 steady. I may get a mini fridge or wine cooler later on but for the basic cans the recipes look like they would work for me. Now I also saw the ones with all the hops and grains require more temp control but going by the mr beer directions i seem ok for now using most of the basic refills. I will want to expand later i am sure but I am just now reaching the bottling stage of my first brew. just learning per se.

Keep in mind that fermentation creates heat and it's the heat of the wort that's important, not the air temperature.  Even if your closet is at 70*, with the heat generated during high krausen you'll be pushing the high end of desirable fermentation temps, which can create off flavors.

For most MRB ale recipes you'll want to keep the wort to around 63-65 degrees, especially during high krausen.  Proper fermentation temperature control has been the single greatest factor in improving the quality of my beers.  I went through the phases:  one cooler with ice water bottles, then two coolers with even more water bottles, then finally a mini-fridge with an Inkbird temperature controller.  Looking back, I wish I'd skipped the cooler phase and gone straight for the fridge.  Here's a thread discussing a good one:  

If you scroll down to the seventh post (from @KaijuBrew), that's the one I ended up getting and it works great.

You can also do a search for "temperature control" and you'll find about a gazillion threads extolling its importance.  :)

As far as a closet cabinet recommendation goes, I don't know if this helps put I picked this up at Home Depot, it's sitting in my man cave closet,  and it fits my needs so far:

25935806838_f15f0400bb_z.jpg