Mr.Beer Community
Timelordjason

Octoberfest Has no booster???

My wife got me my first Mr. Kit for christmas. It was a big kit with american light and Octoberfest refills inside. I am doing american light right now but I looked online and it says Octoberfest comes with 2 booster packs? Mine in the box does not, even in the included with this kit list it never says booster pack. Will this beer turn out right without the booster packs? Could someone explain what the booster packs do and if it changes the outcome of the beer? Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Timelordjason said:

oh ok cool. 
I would still maybe like that extra 1.3% next time.|
Thank you for your help.

No problem!

You can order just the booster by its self from the Mr. Beer website. To get the 1.3% you will need 2 of the small pouches per batch. 

COOL! I wont be using it this batch as i will start this one in a couple of days but I will gets some soon when i order more refills which i am planning on doing. Heck i love doing this so much I haven't even finished a batch yet and already wanted more LBk's.

2 hours ago, Timelordjason said:

COOL! I wont be using it this batch as i will start this one in a couple of days but I will gets some soon when i order more refills which i am planning on doing. Heck i love doing this so much I haven't even finished a batch yet and already wanted more LBk's.

LOL! I know how you feel, i was up to 3 LBKs with in the first month. I will make one recommendation... do not go too fast, it can cause frustration, anger, and bad beer. Take the time to read, read, read and then read some more there is great information around this form, Feel free to ask questions, we are here to help. Learn and develop the process and hone it well, you will be rewarded for your efforts in the way of better beer. Cheers and welcome to your new obsession.... ooops i mean hobby! 

8 hours ago, hotrod3539 said:

LOL! I know how you feel, i was up to 3 LBKs with in the first month. I will make one recommendation... do not go too fast, it can cause frustration, anger, and bad beer. Take the time to read, read, read and then read some more there is great information around this form, Feel free to ask questions, we are here to help. Learn and develop the process and hone it well, you will be rewarded for your efforts in the way of better beer. Cheers and welcome to your new obsession.... ooops i mean hobby! 

Sound advice.  My first couple of brews were not good.  The stuff I'm making now is beer I'm proud to share with friends and family.

3 hours ago, Shrike said:

Sound advice.  My first couple of brews were not good.  The stuff I'm making now is beer I'm proud to share with friends and family.

My family raved about my first batches...then again, their samples were free. Two years later, they're a bit more honest, and a bit more receptive. Practice, preparation and patience are my advice. 

Practice by brewing. Preparation not only on brew day, but also reading as much as you obsessively can. There are many great books and many posts in this community covering almost every question. I'm not going to mention @RickBeer's many fine contributions, don't want him to get too cocky 😉. Patience on brew day, during fermentation, during bottling, and during conditioning. Even many bad results will improve with time. Lastly, don't go nuts with your experimentation. Take baby steps and combine what you learn.