Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vfwrider316

Newb First try this wekend. Horse's Ass Ale

10 posts in this topic

Hello all been reading on and off for couple years now. Between the Harley and the Ol' Lady always was told nope. Now I am finally going to give it a go. I have found a lot of great info on here and await your feed back if a problem arises. Wish me luck

dale hihn, Marius and Kevin Caffrey like this

1 hour ago, Vfwrider316 said:

Hello all been reading on and off for couple years now. Between the Harley and the Ol' Lady always was told nope. Now I am finally going to give it a go. I have found a lot of great info on here and await your feed back if a problem arises. Wish me luck

Welcome to the hobby!  There's a lot of great info on this forum; it's helped my brewing immensely.

Vfwrider316 and SilverBrewerWI like this

18 hours ago, Vfwrider316 said:

Good luck!  Horse's Ass Ale was one of the first recipes I brewed with Mr. Beer and really enjoyed it!  I found that adding 1oz of Brewer's Best Grapefruit Seed was a nice addition as well.

Kevin

Vfwrider316 likes this

Got up and running Monday. Temps perfect 68, Tuesday night could tell fermenting is going. Last night room temp 67 kegs showing 66 no bubbling from top.  Raised temp this morn keg temp 68 no bubbling and it feel cool to touch. I am using 2 gal conical. Any ideas?

dale hihn likes this

I suggest you spend some time reading.  Neither bubbling nor temperature determine whether fermentation is happening.  

Leave it alone, stop checking it, and come back in 18 days.   ;)

Vfwrider316 likes this