Mr.Beer Community

Some here prefer the wand and then there are the hold-outs that have not tried it yet.  Personally, I don't think bottling could be any easier than drawing directly from the spigot.  I would guess that both methods would work equally well to minimize aerating the beer while bottling.

I am confused with the wand i tried it today 
are you suppose to have to hold the wand the entire time or is there a way it snaps into the spigot? i am using a new LBK but i have to hold it just right too loos it wont work too tight or too high into the spigot and nothing flows. and again it doesn stay on its own. is this normal?

The wand should either twist up into the spigot or connect with a piece of tubing.  I don't have the new LBKs, so I'd suggest you call Mr. Beer Customer Service for a clearer answer.

This is also a great example of why you should practice with WATER.  Fill up the LBK to check for leaks.  Pour water from the pot into the LBK.  Use the bottling wand.  All with water to make sure things work the way they should.

37 minutes ago, Timelordjason said:

I am confused with the wand i tried it today 
are you suppose to have to hold the wand the entire time or is there a way it snaps into the spigot? i am using a new LBK but i have to hold it just right too loos it wont work too tight or too high into the spigot and nothing flows. and again it doesn stay on its own. is this normal?

I had the same issue when I first used mine.  I learned I had to insert it into the spigot about half-way; it's far enough in so that the wand stays seated, but not too far so that no flow occurs.

20 minutes ago, Shrike said:

I had the same issue when I first used mine.  I learned I had to insert it into the spigot about half-way; it's far enough in so that the wand stays seated, but not too far so that no flow occurs.

I use a bit of twist push motion and it seats fairly securely. I have not had it block any flow. Its a simple yet very effective tool.

13 minutes ago, Cato said:

I use a bit of twist push motion and it seats fairly securely. I have not had it block any flow. Its a simple yet very effective tool.

I will try a twist next week thank you for the suggestion