Mr.Beer Community
DrMJG

Latest Brew. ChromosBeer

Finished a new brew with a few minor changes.  ChromosBeer was augmented s with an extra booster and an addition of Some Mt. Hoods h0ps to make it a bit more in line with a favorite of mine: Sprecher Black Bavarian.  Hydrometer reading indicate a final ABV of 6.5%  A very small sample was delicious.  With fermentation and conditioning.I expect a great final mug!

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Edited by MRB Josh R
Fixed recipe spelling in title for search purposes.

11 hours ago, 76shovel said:

Edit: oops. my Chromos is carbing until 3/17 but I do have a question. Since it was cold fermented I am assuming cold conditioning too.  Correct ?

You’re gonna carb at room temp and then i would go an extra week or two at room temp and then tuck them away some place cool. Maybe this will be helpful:

https://mrbeer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516193-lagering-conditioning-your-beer

On 3/4/2018 at 9:11 PM, Creeps McLane said:

You’re gonna carb at room temp and then i would go an extra week or two at room temp and then tuck them away some place cool. Maybe this will be helpful:

https://mrbeer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516193-lagering-conditioning-your-beer

Thanks for the link Creeps.  I've been putting the lagers directly in the fridge at 40-42F after 3 weeks carbonation @ 70-72F. Sounds like that might be too cold too soon?

It is in the bottle!  taste was very good, though I expected a much darker beer. It came out a little lighter than a true Dunkel.   Not that I am complaining.  It came out  clear as the amount of trube was not excessive.  Will have to look at my notes to see if I need to adjust anything or if I did a mistake with the grains.  Was able to keep it at a nice even low temp during fermentation.  I do expect, as drinking this is fuller in action, my thoughts will be less. 

29261934_10156350988093534_4015906554766163968_n.jpg

My 3 weeks carbing is over so I waited another week and then chilled the batch for 3 days... couldn't resist and tried the trub bottle tonight.  Not bad at all. Not as bold or heavy as what I have been doing lately, Not bitter. Refreshing. Head had staying power. I think I like it and  I'll try another in a month or so.

I fully suspect this will be my thoughts , too.   Az the weather here in AZ is starting its Spring "warm up" (90s by Easter), I, actually, might enjoy a lighter "dark" beer. Will let you know.  As I have a good amount of ready to drink brews, I hope to be able to resist to about 5 weeks.

e2e142f83b70b7776312d65173203d97.jpg