Mr.Beer Community
MRB Josh R

The Real Mr. Beer - Live Stream Thread

I decided to open a main thread for our Live Stream. This is where we will be posting the schedule, updates, etc.

To get to the Live Stream, go to this link: https://www.twitch.tv/therealmrbeer

You may need to create an account to participate in the chat. Once you have created an account, please be sure to click the Follow button at the top of the page.

All streams will start @ 2:30 pm PDT (5:30 EDT) and the tentative schedule will have the structure below:

• Tuesdays - Beginner - These episodes will target beginning MRB brewers. About 30 mins long. 
  • Wednesdays - Intermediate  - These episodes will target intermediate brewers. About 45 mins to an hour.
  • Fridays - Advanced - These episodes will target more advanced brewers and may also have a special guest. At least 1 hour, but may go over depending on subject matter.

Each show will begin with some sort of brewing process and the last half of the show will be dedicated to answering questions from the chat and discussing various topics. I apologize if any of the shows, especially the Beginner shows start to seem repetitive. We are trying to reach out to the widest audience possible and this may include doing several repetitive tasks, such as brewing our standard refills for newcomers. The Wed and Fri shows will have more content for those of you that get tired of watching us make standard refills over and over again. With that said, it is still appreciated when you guys come into the chat to help answer questions from the newbies. 

If anyone has ideas or topics to discuss in future episodes, let us know in the comments below.

Cheers!

While the last 2 streams were mostly a test, today's stream will be our first official live stream so we've went ahead and announced it far and wide. Expect to see more viewers and a livelier chat for the rest of our shows starting with today's show which will be a Beginner episode and we will be brewing the Aztec Mexican Cerveza Standard refill.

Join us at 2:30 PDT (5:30 EDT)!

1 minute ago, Big Sarge said:

Can I DVR it? :lol: 

I can't remember if you gave an answer on archiving episodes. The live air time unfortunately doesn't work well with my schedule. 

Good luck today! 🍺

Yes. We will be archiving them. The Twitch site has a way to do it so that you can watch past episodes. I just don't think we have the function turned on yet because the last 2 episodes were mainly tests. I'll ask RickZ about it today.

Great show again.  I was going to mention to not open the lid of the LBK to check the temperature of the wort.  Only open the lid if instructed to do so by the recipe (dry hop, etc).

Future show could include the "tools of the trade".  The whisk and/or silicone spatula are obvious, but you could demo the temperature controller when explaining Lagers.  Also I think the plate heater is nice (better than a whole stove that I use).

Also, perhaps a show on the different fermenters, including the 6 gallon one (triple your favorite recipe)

10 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

Great show again.  I was going to mention to not open the lid of the LBK to check the temperature of the wort.  Only open the lid if instructed to do so by the recipe (dry hop, etc).

Future show could include the "tools of the trade".  The whisk and/or silicone spatula are obvious, but you could demo the temperature controller when explaining Lagers.  Also I think the plate heater is nice (better than a whole stove that I use).

Also, perhaps a show on the different fermenters, including the 6 gallon one (triple your favorite recipe)

Friday we will be brewing a Coopers kit. This isn't technically an Advanced show, but we will have a special guest coming in from Coopers Brewery in AU to chat with us so we're going to feature a Coopers kit.

Thanks for the suggestions!

i really enjoyed the show I enjoyed the part where you gave us background on the mexican beers and i learned a lot. thank your for even doing this. I love the frum but sometimes i get conflicting answers i feel the answers on the stream are more definitive. THank you again.

BTW did you have a good amount of viewers?

Great show Josh! Fortunately I was able to catch today's stream because I was snowed in but I'm hoping the rest of the streams are available afterwards as I work nights and won't be able to watch live. 

Edited by youdontknowme311

6 hours ago, youdontknowme311 said:

Great show Josh! Fortunately I was able to catch today's stream because I was snowed in but I'm hoping the rest of the streams are available afterwards as I work nights and won't be able to watch live. 

I tried to watch but I think I did not allow for time zones as it was not live when I looked.

I see there 57 followers on the feed.

Are back videos posted?

3 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

I tried to watch but I think I did not allow for time zones as it was not live when I looked.

I see there 57 followers on the feed.

Are back videos posted?

No back videos are posted at this time, but we are working on implementing that.

Keep in mind that Arizona does NOT participate in daylight savings time so if you are on the east coast, we are 3 hours behind, and if you are on the west coast, we are at the same time zone.

Hey guys! We won't be doing a stream today due to a bunch of scheduled meetings with the Coopers rep from AU. We may either do the St. Patrick's Stout tomorrow or just wait for the Friday show (which will be a Coopers Sparkling Ale 6 G batch) and save the St. Paddy's stout for next week. I will keep you all updated here.

3 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

Hey guys! We won't be doing a stream today 

Figures. LOL. That's how my week has been going. Still don't know if I'm able to get the app to work on my phone. 

6 hours ago, D Kristof said:

Josh, didn't you recently post this comment, "Just an update that these streams will be on Tues, Wed, and Fri, not on Thurs."?

Am I just easily confused?

Read 8 posts back...

12 hours ago, D Kristof said:

Josh, didn't you recently post this comment, "Just an update that these streams will be on Tues, Wed, and Fri, not on Thurs."?

Am I just easily confused?

Either that or you didn't read the whole thread here. I updated it a few times with what was going on. Scroll up for more info. Keep in mind that while Tues, Wed, and Fri will be our regular schedule, this will always be subject to change due to meetings, projects, business trips, etc. Always check back here or the MRB Twitter or Facebook for updates. You can also check the store page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/everythinghomebrew/

Also, if you go to Twitch, register an account, then go to our channel (https://www.twitch.tv/therealmrbeer), register, then click the "Follow" button at the top, you will get email notifications when we go live. The channel is live 30 minutes before the show starts (with a countdown timer) so you get some time to tune in.

Don't forget to tune in today, if you can. We will have a special show with a special guest from Coopers Brewery in Australia. Scott Harris, the Marketing Manager of Coopers will be here to talk with our MRB President, Rick Zich, about how our extracts are made and some Coopers history. I will also be brewing their flagship beer, Coopers Sparkling Ale in a 6 gallon batch. Don't miss this one! B)