Mr.Beer Community
JoshR

The Real Mr. Beer - Live Stream Thread

1 hour ago, MRB Josh R said:

Don't forget to tune in today, if you can. We will have a special show with a special guest from Coopers Brewery in Australia. Scott Harris, the Marketing Manager of Coopers will be here to talk with our MRB President, Rick Zich, about how our extracts are made and some Coopers history. I will also be brewing their flagship beer, Coopers Sparkling Ale in a 6 gallon batch. Don't miss this one! B)

I can ask my "Pride of Ringwood" hops question!!!

8 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

@Bonsai & Brew, I guess you weren't online, I didn't see any questions about their Pride of Ringwood hops

another great show, though!

Live streaming while at work is frowned on, unless it is NCAA basketball.  We do get to sample my homebrew on Friday afternoons though, so at least management has their priorities in order.🍻

understood.  I can relate, since I work for the military

BTW, if anyone has questions about an up-coming topic, and can't make to see the show, feel free to post them here.  I'm sure Josh would be happy to make note of them and answer them here, and on the show.

Yoda

On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 0:40 PM, MRB Josh R said:

Either that or you didn't read the whole thread here. I updated it a few times with what was going on. Scroll up for more info. Keep in mind that while Tues, Wed, and Fri will be our regular schedule, this will always be subject to change due to meetings, projects, business trips, etc. Always check back here or the MRB Twitter or Facebook for updates. You can also check the store page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/everythinghomebrew/

Also, if you go to Twitch, register an account, then go to our channel (https://www.twitch.tv/therealmrbeer), register, then click the "Follow" button at the top, you will get email notifications when we go live. The channel is live 30 minutes before the show starts (with a countdown timer) so you get some time to tune in.

Don't forget to tune in today, if you can. We will have a special show with a special guest from Coopers Brewery in Australia. Scott Harris, the Marketing Manager of Coopers will be here to talk with our MRB President, Rick Zich, about how our extracts are made and some Coopers history. I will also be brewing their flagship beer, Coopers Sparkling Ale in a 6 gallon batch. Don't miss this one! B)

Yesterday was the first time the  app worked on my phone. Great demonstration from what I could hear of it. 

Since the app does truly work on my phone, I went back and thoroughly read the posts on this thread. 😉 

So we are changing the schedule up a bit. We will now be airing Tues, Wed, Thurs. Friday was one of our lowest viewer counts probably because people are getting ready for their weekend so we are ditching Fridays for Thursdays instead.

Today, we will be brewing The Standard Oktoberfest Lager refill and will be talking a little bit about the style.

Please keep in mind that for some of you guys, the Tuesday streams may seem a bit repetitive, but these streams are intended for beginners and new viewers. With that said, please try to refrain from asking advanced questions in the chat on Tuesdays. Save those questions for the Wed or Thurs stream where we will have more time to answer them properly because the Beginner streams will only be 30 minutes long. But feel free to help out any of the newbies in the chat if I miss them or my answer needs a bit of elaboration that I can't offer in the video.

We will be doing things a bit more casually and less structured going forward.

Tomorrow we will be brewing the Surly Dog IPA and will talk about hop additions and how to choose hops for aroma, bitterness, etc.

1 minute ago, youdontknowme311 said:

Ugh, tried to watch the stream while on break at work but kept freezing on me every 10-30 seconds. I had full bars of service so idk why it was doing that 

Sorry man! Maybe it will be better for you next show. 

Might have to sit out on this broadcast, but I do have a question I hope gets answered.

Considering the beer that is being brewed, a high-hop, how does conditioning time become an issue.  Is it best to drink it sooner, and not wait many months, because the hop oils can break down?

Yoda

15 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

Might have to sit out on this broadcast, but I do have a question I hope gets answered.

Considering the beer that is being brewed, a high-hop, how does conditioning time become an issue.  Is it best to drink it sooner, and not wait many months, because the hop oils can break down?

Yoda

No problem, Yoda. I will add your question to the list. The short answer is, yes, it is best to consume IPAs fresh. There are some exceptions with Imperial IPAs that are aggressively hopped then aged until there is some balance (but still hoppy). Also, some brettanomyces IPAs are aged.