Mr.Beer Community

I found a couple cans of old Mr. Beer kits I had stored in my closet.  I am thinking they are probably too old to use, but thought I would check here.

One is a Belgian Spiced Christmas Ale-on bottom of can it says best before Aug 28, 2015.  It includes a mulling spice packet and Safbrew T-58 yeast.

The other is an Oktoberfest Lager-best before June 17, 2016.  Has a packet of brewers yeast. There is also a BrewMax LME SoftPack Smooth-Jan. 29, 2016.  Also, a Booster with no date.

Heck if it were me cause I am crazy I would get new yeast and use them. Of course with zero expectations of how they would turn out lol they probably wont be good I am sure the experts here will say if they are or not but i would do it anyway as a experiment. If you do though please tell us how aful cough cough i mean how they turn out :)

timelord.. nope. a few of us here are old farts.  remember Dennis and Mr Baynter the Painter? how about debby weems?  debby sadly ended her life when it was made known that the capt kangaroo show was being cancelled.  i still remember her mousy look and singing songs like 'how did the jelly get in the doughnut?'.. and 'inchworm'.  started watching him around 1967 and stopped when they aired the last show. couldnt stand bill cosby's picture pages.  one of my fav episodes was when capt showed the cartoon based on the reading of the chinese book 'the story about Ping'. (the duck)...  did you know that bob keeshan was formerly a marine? and that he was the first Clarabelle the Clown? 

oh... beer.  there. i'm back on subject.

mr greenjeans  -those cans arent that old PROVIDED that they were stored in a stable climate like indoors. check for swelling in the cans or dents.  when you open them give them a sniff. if it smells like hopped malt, youre good.  booster just gets hard as it ages. lme packs if sealed and not swollen should be good too. use the yeast packs for sacrificial yeast and get fresh yeast for brewing.

anyone from motown or canada remember Oopsie the Clown?  or Mr. Dressup?

(setting the wayback machine for simpler , happier times..... ) 

(walks off singing 'i'm a bear called Jeremy... i can walk and i can sing....')  <- another obscure CBC ontario kids tv reference from wayback...

5 minutes ago, zorak1066 said:

anyone from motown or canada remember Oopsie the Clown?  or Mr. Dressup?

Lol. I remember mr dress up. It was one of my faves when I was little. A cartoon called The Raccoons as well....... Cyril Sneer! 

6B24729A-4402-44BD-B286-680E5B40B653.jpeg

Once upon a summertime 
Just a dream from yesterday 
A boy and his magic golden flute 
Heard a boat from off the bay 
"Come and play with me, Jimmy 
Come and play with me. 
And I will take you on a trip 
Far across the sea." 

But the boat belonged to a kooky old witch 
Who had in mind the flute to snitch 
From her Vroom Broom in the sky 
She watched her plans materialize 
She waved her wand 
The beautiful boat was gone 
The skies grew dark 
The sea grew rough 
And the boat sailed on and on and on and on and on and on. 

But Pufnstuff was watching too 
And knew exactly what to do 
He saw the witch's bold attack 
And as the boy was fighting back 
He called his rescue racer crew 
As often they'd rehearsed 
And off to save the boy they flew 
But who would get there first? 

But now the boy had washed ashore 
Puf arrived to save the day 
Which made the witch so mad and sore 
She shook her fist and screamed away.