Mr.Beer Community

So, 
How effective is the LBK on blocking sunlight? 
I had my 2 LBKS in my closet fermenting and this morning I woke up to see I had left the door open. There is a window across the room and light was coming into the closet. I would say for a few hours. It does not face where the sun rises so it wasnt direct beams of sun but still I am worried it may have skunked? There was still some shade from the closet over the LBKS one more than the other but there was definitely some light hitting at least the front of one LBK. NERVOUS

1 hour ago, Timelordjason said:

So, 
How effective is the LBK on blocking sunlight? 
I had my 2 LBKS in my closet fermenting and this morning I woke up to see I had left the door open. There is a window across the room and light was coming into the closet. I would say for a few hours. It does not face where the sun rises so it wasnt direct beams of sun but still I am worried it may have skunked? There was still some shade from the closet over the LBKS one more than the other but there was definitely some light hitting at least the front of one LBK. NERVOUS

RDWHAHB!

No worry. The brown keg does a good job of blocking U.V.  BTW - That famous imported beer in the green bottle, and Mexican beers in the clear glass always taste "skunky"  to me. Try one of those fresh on tap if you have the opportunity. You will not believe they are the same beers you get in the bottle. 

9 minutes ago, Brian N. said:

No worry. The brown keg does a good job of blocking U.V.  BTW - That famous imported beer in the green bottle, and Mexican beers in the clear glass always taste "skunky"  to me. Try one of those fresh on tap if you have the opportunity. You will not believe they are the same beers you get in the bottle. 

I am not sure about "skunky" but I like rolling rock in the can but not the bottles they do taste completely different and i bet it is the green bottle. I will say this though the coronas in Mexico (in articular mahahual on the village) taste 10 times better than what they send us and they are only a dollar ON THE BEACH! they werent skunky to me.

rolling rock in a can is my go to cheap beer for in between brewing and having no pipeline.   it is clean, refreshing cold, has only a slight corn adjunct taste... my only complaint is it lacks any kind of hop flavor. for $10 for 18 cans I cant complain though.

15 hours ago, zorak1066 said:

rolling rock in a can is my go to cheap beer for in between brewing and having no pipeline.   it is clean, refreshing cold, has only a slight corn adjunct taste... my only complaint is it lacks any kind of hop flavor. for $10 for 18 cans I cant complain though.

I agree to all this