Dunkindog

First attempt starting tonight

56 posts in this topic

What is the purpose of the Wine fridge?  Why are your bottles on their side. 

You need to carbonate at 70 degrees or higher.  Also, your bottles will carbonate on their side but then you will have a layer of trub on the side of the bottles.  Always keep your bottles upright to keep the trub on the bottom.  Otherwise it will end up in your beer when you pour it.

RickBeer and KCullison86 like this

Thank you guys for the heads up about laying them on their sides.  Was not aware of that... rookie mistake. As for the wine cooler, it is a necessary evil. When I bottled this past weekend it was over 90 in my apartment. 

10 hours ago, Dunkindog said:

Thank you guys for the heads up about laying them on their sides.  Was not aware of that... rookie mistake. As for the wine cooler, it is a necessary evil. When I bottled this past weekend it was over 90 in my apartment. 

I always wondered if i laid them on their sides to condition and fridged them the same way, then when i poured it and i rotated it 180 and all the trub was on top when i poured, would that work? 

Im having flashbacks to my first batch and I conditioned them upside down for whatever reason and i had a cap and collar full of trub. Good times

Dunkindog likes this

26 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

I always wondered if i laid them on their sides to condition and fridged them the same way, then when i poured it and i rotated it 180 and all the trub was on top when i poured, would that work? 

Im having flashbacks to my first batch and I conditioned them upside down for whatever reason and i had a cap and collar full of trub. Good times

I laughed way too loud at that closing comment. 

Creeps McLane, Dunkindog and Cato like this

41 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Lol, Creeps went conical!