Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cato

20% off and free shipping

Made good use of this sale and ordered some accessories and refills. Brewing thermometer for my first partial, Calavera Spiced Chile Stout, and the Abbey Dubbel recipe. Also added some yeast, hop sacks, and hops. With free shipping this was a timely sale offer for me!

Ha, I looked at Ebay too, and there are Oktoberfest and Porter there for $14.

I bet those sellers are just reselling the  Amazon ones  (<$12) and if they have Prime, they can get Amazon to ship to the customer at no shipping cost and not even touch the goods. Just order from Amazon with ship to customer and make $2.

It might even be possible to automate this - looking for cheapest on Amazon, adding a % and reposting. More than I can do but.....

Am I guessing right?

Yeah I was right - people do that....

https://forum.bulletproof.com/discussion/9995/dropshipping-selling-on-ebay

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Bidding-Buying/Buy-from-ebay-but-receive-from-amazon/td-p/3046569

Hmmmm.................... looks like an easy way to make money. But OK with Ebay, but not with Amazon Prime

apparently they cancel prime and ban you from it if they find out - lol. I would too, as Prime price is based on average home buyer volume I expect- not business volume.

6 hours ago, Cato said:

Made good use of this sale and ordered some accessories and refills. Brewing thermometer for my first partial, Calavera Spiced Chile Stout, and the Abbey Dubbel recipe. Also added some yeast, hop sacks, and hops. With free shipping this was a timely sale offer for me!

Once you've discovered how easy it is to do a partial mash, you'll rarely go back. 

9 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

I think I remember seeing one post that said he always puts 4 oz grain steep into the wort on all brews.

That might have been me.  If I'm brewing a recipe that doesn't use any grain, I still steep 4oz. carapils for mouthfeel and head retention.