Mr.Beer Community
epete28

You live and you learn.

That's pretty good. I always reserve a cup or so of the boiling water that I mix with the extract, and pour it into the can to get every last drop. Every once in a while I'll read a post here about how Mr. Beer overestimates the ABV, and I've always been very close, so I wonder how much extract people are wasting.

9 hours ago, Bluejaye said:

That's pretty good. I always reserve a cup or so of the boiling water that I mix with the extract, and pour it into the can to get every last drop. Every once in a while I'll read a post here about how Mr. Beer overestimates the ABV, and I've always been very close, so I wonder how much extract people are wasting.

I scrape the hell out of the can but that seems like a pretty good tip.

36 minutes ago, Shrike said:

For me it's a silicone spatula:

$_35.JPG?set_id=2&f=1

I scrape that can clean like a hobo's dog going at a can of Alpo.  :)

I use the same and it really gets way more than the pos I first used, but that tip on a cup of hot water swirled in the can is a good one!

On 4/6/2018 at 5:58 PM, Timelordjason said:

This is the only hobby I done where everyone is so helpful. Try asking some artists and crafter's how they do something and they'll someti!mes say its a secret cause they don't want others to do it for some reason

I am lucky, I am one of the mods on a large Harley Tech website.  The guys there are pretty much the same way, well, until you piss off one of the pros that are making their livelihood from it,  Most are Harley related questions but we have a page where you can ask anything and I've never had a question where someone, possibly even from the other side of the world, hasn't been there and done that. Someone will have an answer, construction, wiring, plumbing, farming, shooting, cars, etc.... even on non H-D bikes. It's even my go to for planning vacations. Someone there will be living where you want to visit and have advice.

17 hours ago, 76shovel said:

Did the boiling water in the can thing this morning.  You know what?  It makes that can damn hot. :o

Oh, yeah. That's true. No pain no gain...