Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  

I am just gonna say it - Helles Boch is the best tasting brew I have made with the least amount of effort yet!  It may not be the best tasting overall (I'd say for me that is Lock Stock and Barrel Stout) but the taste per effort is highly favorable!  The only modification I made was to steep some caripils in the brew water first.

10-12002-00_product_1.jpg

Edited by MRB Josh R
It's spelled Helles Bock, not Helles Boch

On 4/6/2018 at 4:46 PM, KaijuBrew said:

I am just gonna say it - Helles Boch is the best tasting brew I have made with the least amount of effort yet!  It may not be the best tasting overall (I'd say for me that is Lock Stock and Barrel Stout) but the taste per effort is highly favorable!  The only modification I made was to steep some caripils in the brew water first.

10-12002-00_product_1.jpg

I just brewed this Helles bock today. Added 1/2 cup honey. Have it in the cooler and shooting for 55 deg. Question: how long did you ferment? Instructions say 2 weeks. I am used to going 3. 

1 hour ago, Jdub said:

I just brewed this Helles bock today. Added 1/2 cup honey. Have it in the cooler and shooting for 55 deg. Question: how long did you ferment? Instructions say 2 weeks. I am used to going 3. 

I'm going to pick up a Helles Bock the next time I place an order with MRB.  I plan on going the full three weeks.

3 hours ago, Shrike said:

I'm going to pick up a Helles Bock the next time I place an order with MRB.  I plan on going the full three weeks.

That’s good enough for me. I will wait 3 weeks. Thanks

On 6/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, Jdub said:

Definitely 3 weeks in the fermenter.  Mine was a bit overcarbonated.  It was a tasty brew and all gone quickly!

6 hours ago, KaijuBrew said:

Definitely 3 weeks in the fermenter.  Mine was a bit overcarbonated.  It was a tasty brew and all gone quickly!

Did you carb for three weeks and then put in the fridge to lager? That’s what I’m gonna do. I have another lager (negra modelo clone) in the fridge now.