Mr.Beer Community
johnkevin223

New to this and wanted some help.

Basically i was looking into two things. I have a new years club with the mummers. we have kegs, bottle, etc but i wanted to make a micro brew that would be this is Cara Liom "Good Friends of mine" a staple of our private club. I was looking at the 6g kits to buy. However when i see a refill they are mostly the same more over if i wanted the Calavera Spiced Chile Stout refill how many would i have to put in for 6g?

Hold on.

You cannot serve Homebrew at a private club.  You can only brew 100 gallons per year per adult in the home, max of 2.  But you cannot then bring that Homebrew to a club (other than a Homebrew club for tasting) and then serve it (whether you charge for it or not).  Further, if the club has a liquor license, you would violate that license.

To make a 6 gallon batch, you buy 3 recipes.

From what I read however you CAN give bottles away to friends or co-workers as gifts but serving at functions other than a private party at your house is agaisnt the law. I wish someone would challenge the law at least in TN that would allow the sale of Homebrew in bottles not to be consumed at the sale location but the ability to sell per bottle at fairs and farmes markets I don't see why this couldn't be a law. Of course there would be many many admendments to it such as abv etc and it could be a tough sell to state Senate due to age limits and the Brewers being responsible for underage sale etc but it is a thought.