KaijuBrew

How does Mr. Beer create new recipies?

36 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2018 at 7:40 PM, Shrike said:

I'm thinking that's how Novacaine came about.  MRB Josh found an American Ale, Aztec Cerveza, and St. Pat's that were all expired, threw them together with an LME and some hops, and VOILA!, one of MRB's most expensive recipes.

The thing is, it's good.  REAL friggin' good!  :)

Novocaine was one of our Christmas party beers back in 2005. We liked it so much it became something that we sold. The rest if recipe history.

KaijuBrew and Shrike like this

24 minutes ago, MRB Rick said:

Novocaine was one of our Christmas party beers back in 2005. We liked it so much it became something that we sold. The rest if recipe history.

Drinking at 10.7% ABV beer at a Christmas party...  Must have been wild party.  

MRB Tim and KaijuBrew like this

40 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

Drinking at 10.7% ABV beer at a Christmas party...  Must have been wild party.  

Yeah on top of all the liquor the 10.7 hits ya pretty hard

Shrike, KaijuBrew and D Kristof like this

On 4/21/2018 at 1:12 PM, KaijuBrew said:

So, what are the Mr. Beer Recipes you are most proud of?

Foggy Days because it's the first recipe I came up with that we sold on the site. 

Shrike, KaijuBrew and Bonsai & Brew like this

4 hours ago, MRB Tim said:

Foggy Days because it's the first recipe I came up with that we sold on the site. 

You should be proud of that one.  I still feel like it's underrated and more brewers should try it!

KaijuBrew and MRB Tim like this

13 hours ago, MRB Tim said:

9 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

You should be proud of that one.  I still feel like it's underrated and more brewers should try it!

That's #2 in my brew queue.  I've been wanting to try it for a while and am finally getting around to it.

2 minutes ago, Shrike said:

That's #2 in my brew queue.  I've been wanting to try it for a while and am finally getting around to it.

That will be a great summer beer -- you may want to brew a double batch!

KaijuBrew likes this

15 minutes ago, Shrike said:

Don't forget that you can substitute traditional Northern Brewer hops for the Hallertau -- @MRB Josh R said we could.;)

KaijuBrew and MRB Tim like this

2 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Don't forget that you can substitute traditional Northern Brewer hops for the Hallertau -- @MRB Josh R said we could.;)

Glad to hear you guys like it so much! This is actually how I originally brewed it, not sure why it changed but it's good either way imo. 

Bonsai & Brew and KaijuBrew like this