Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epete28

Six Month Old American Porter

8 posts in this topic

I put my last bottle of American Porter that I bottled 10/11/17 in the fridge. It is a trub bottle that I almost forgot about. I'm sure it'll be delicious, as was the rest of the batch.

John K., Jdub, 76shovel and 3 others like this

Last night I opened up one of my own recipes (Mid-Winter Porter) that has been sitting for over 2 years and boy did it age well. 

John K. and Cato like this

11 minutes ago, scouterbill said:

Last night I opened up one of my own recipes (Mid-Winter Porter) that has been sitting for over 2 years and boy did it age well. 

Wow!

I'm saving a That Voodoo That You Do for this Thanksgiving that has been conditioning since July '17, as well as a Vanilla Coconut Porter that has been conditioning since November '17.  These would be the longest I've ever conditioned any Mr. Beer brews.  Prior to this maybe the longest would have been 4 or 5 months....

Kevin

Cato likes this

1 hour ago, Shrike said:

My Lock/Stocks are sitting at 16-months and I've got about nine left.  Each time I open one it's better than the last time.

Can't stand it, going to have one from my 2nd batch of LS&B tonight..... at 3 1/2 months, sorry. My 3rd LS&B is in the fermenter.

Shrike and Bonsai & Brew like this

This is my favorite treatment of the Porter HME.

Double Deluxe Milk Choc Porter.
Porter HME, 1x Robust, 1xSmooth LMEs, 1/4 cup lactose, 1/2 oz EKG 5 min boil, 20 min steep 160 deg 1 oz choc and 1 oz pale choc grains. Mr B yeast pitched at 74. Ferment 63-65.

Shrike, Bonsai & Brew and 76shovel like this