MiniYoda

Tell Yoda where to go

14 posts in this topic

Had a great time at the MUG Midwest meeting.  Thanks again to all who made it.  I will try to schedule another one for next year.  I'm hopeful that other people will step up and try to hold a "local" or "regional" meeting for their area.  If you want to do one, please send me a personal message, and I'll tell you some of the things to do and not do to make it work.

One of the things I enjoyed most was sitting in the hotel rooms and sharing/discussing beers.  This is not something I can easily do where I live.  The places close to where I live have very few taps, and most people drink American lagers, not craft beers.  There are several excellent breweries in Louisville and many places that have lots of craft taps, but to drive there and back (30-60 minutes) is risky.  What I'd like to do is go somewhere, meet up with beer aficionados, and share/discuss beers.  I'm wanting to do weekend drives to places for now, perhaps fly to places in the future.  Weekend get-aways for a pint or two.

So, tell me where to go.  I'm thinking of weekend trips to Indianappolis IN, Columbus/Dayton/Cincinnati Ohio, Nashville/Knoxville TN, and perhaps St. Louis MO.  If you live in or near these areas, let me know what weekend is good for you, and I'll schedule some time off to pay you a visit.

MRB Tim and kedogn like this

Yea, well I probably would have to fly, and have a layover somewhere in South Dakota.

In time, but it'll be a while before I can afford to fly.

Yoda.........In an airplane

D Kristof and Bonsai & Brew like this

Cincinnati has many places. Sam Adams is even opening a tasting room this year.

Lots of great opportunities in St. Louis and I'm there 2-3 times per week (I live in Southern Illinois). The Anheuser/Busch tour is very interesting (keep your snarky comments to yourself, it truly is interesting). A very vibrant craft beer scene. And if you want to do the touristy thing, the St. Louis Zoo and Museum's are free (paid for by local hotel tax dollars). Not to mention a lot of good food! Did I mention the craft beer scene? STLCBW (St. Louis Craft Beer Week) is in August. Food for thought. 

After careful consideration, Yoda's next beer adventure will be.......Lexington, KY, Memorial weekend.  Yea, not a major event.  Lexington is about an hour from where I live now, and not a major Mecca for craft beer enjoyers.  However, there are some nice breweries, I have some friends I haven't seen in over a dozen years who live there, and my parents are buried at a cemetery about 30 minutes south of there.  It would be nice to visit them.  It's not an official MUG meeting, but if anyone is in the central KY area, let me know.

I'm toying with the idea of what to do for the 4th of July. It's on a Wednesday, and if I take two days off (either Monday/Tuesday, or Thursday/Friday), I can do a 5 day beer adventure.  I need to work out several things first, such as which two days I can take off work, and where I'm going to go, but I've got ideas.

Yoda

KaijuBrew likes this

4 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

I'm toying with the idea of what to do for the 4th of July. It's on a Wednesday, and if I take two days off (either Monday/Tuesday, or Thursday/Friday), I can do a 5 day beer adventure.  I need to work out several things first, such as which two days I can take off work, and where I'm going to go, but I've got ideas.

Yoda

Mt. Rushmore anyone?🍻🇺🇸

KaijuBrew and Cato like this

17 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

After careful consideration, Yoda's next beer adventure will be.......Lexington, KY, Memorial weekend.  Yea, not a major event.  Lexington is about an hour from where I live now, and not a major Mecca for craft beer enjoyers.  However, there are some nice breweries, I have some friends I haven't seen in over a dozen years who live there, and my parents are buried at a cemetery about 30 minutes south of there.  It would be nice to visit them.  It's not an official MUG meeting, but if anyone is in the central KY area, let me know.

Yoda

Come to Seattle... :)

Cato likes this

South Dakota and Washington State are definitely on the list (never been to either one), but at the moment I'm not able to afford an endeavor of that scale, both in money and vacation time.  Someday I will

Bonsai & Brew, kedogn and Cato like this

While Ohio brings up a great challenge, in order to appreciate it all, I doubt I could do it in one weekend.  Considering Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Toledo, and yes.....Cleveland, it would take the better part of two months to appreciate the beers from this state.  Sadly, for Memorial weekend, I only have 3 days.

I am playing the lottery this weekend.  If it hits, I'll let you know

Yoda

D Kristof, Cato and kedogn like this