Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
epete28

Don't give up if your first batch is disappointing!

4 posts in this topic

I think many of us found this forum because our 1st batch was less than impressive. I'm pretty sure thats what led ME here. I think the first thing to be realized is that in the beginning you will make mistakes, which will result in your beer not being as good as it could have. You WILL get better though. The 2nd thing though, at least for me, is that I was just used to commercial beer. I had to acquire the taste for homemade ale. I now prefer mine over store bought. I just can't make enough to alleviate buying it, lol. Just keep it up and your beer will get where you want it.

Brian N., Cato, kedogn and 5 others like this

Remember, most of what is sold are lagers, not ales. MB brews are mostly ales. And, absolutely experience matters! Thinking back to my first brew, it tasted like a combination of apple cider, band-aids and cheap beer.

my first brew was an altered northwest pale with orange peel...

i jumped right into hop additions and adjuncts after doing due diligence with research.  it came out great.  it was my third mr beer kit that went arse over ears and came out meh.  my fault entirely.  the nice thing is you can drink your mistakes. i just had to dump a bunch of orange drink powder into the glass first for the messed up batch.

Brian N. likes this