Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin Caffrey

Grape Extract?

4 posts in this topic

Anyone ever do anything interesting with grape brewer's extract?  My son had gotten it for me as a gift a few months ago and I used it when bottling some or the standard Mr. Beer weissbier refill.  Also combined it with blackberry extract to get a Blackberry Grape Wheat beer....but, not sure what to really expect!  : )

Kevin

MOODY likes this

Not grape, but 4/27, I started a watermelon wheat and a cream ale. Instead of actual watermelon, I'm going with the extract when it's time to bottle and the cream ale, I have a vanilla and peanut butter extract that I'm going to try in a couple of the bottles. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

Jdub likes this

I have Peanut Butter extract actually so it reminded me that this fall I may put a little of that and a little of the grape into a porter to see if I get a PB&J Porter -- though, I must admit, I'm not really that excited to try something like that!

Kevin

Jdub likes this

I am new but have ideas. Have 2 porter batches fermenting. In one i want to try the smoked extract flavoring. Other batch want to try the coconut and the toasted marshmallow flavorings. 

Jdub likes this