Mr.Beer Community
Cammanron

Starting to think about HME and LME

@BDawg62 @Cato thanks to both of you. I don’t know what it is......I’m starting to think about what @Creeps McLane and some others have said about adding honey. I just tasted my 2nd round of horse’s ass ale last night. Has 1 cup honey and I steeped honey malt and added lme this time. Was drier (which I like) and less apple taste. I’m going to start doing more honey. I have a few hme cans that I need to brew bc of expiration dates of the yeast....etc. then I will go get a dme recipe. My local HBS sells dme kits already pre-packed like mr beer kits. I can just 1/2 it. 

Yes it it is hotter than $&#@ here this time of year, but it’s amazing the temp I can get in my coolers. Works good. Have a good weekend all. 

JDub,

Be careful how much honey you add.  If you get above a certain percentage it changes from a Beer to a Braggot. 😉

You are correct that Honey will dry out your beer.  I have a couple of recipes that I add some honey to do just that.

Dawg

9 hours ago, BDawg62 said:

JDub,

Be careful how much honey you add.  If you get above a certain percentage it changes from a Beer to a Braggot. 😉

You are correct that Honey will dry out your beer.  I have a couple of recipes that I add some honey to do just that.

Dawg

Right...can’t see going over 1 cup for a lbk recipe. If dry means less sweet like I think it does, I’m down with that. Don’t care much for sweet beer.