Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
rowe0123

Yeast in bottles

Is there a technique to get rid of the yeast that forms at the bottom of the bottles? I would like to be able to store them in my fridge on their sides but afraid of drinking too much of the yeast. 

9 hours ago, rowe0123 said:

Is there a technique to get rid of the yeast that forms at the bottom of the bottles? I would like to be able to store them in my fridge on their sides but afraid of drinking too much of the yeast. 

No.

While cold crashing will reduce trub, the sugar you put in the bottle to create carbonation results in more trub being created.  The bottles need to be stored upright and poured gently, leaving the trub in the bottle.  If you stir it up, taste will be ruined.

4 hours ago, RickBeer said:

No.

While cold crashing will reduce trub, the sugar you put in the bottle to create carbonation results in more trub being created.  The bottles need to be stored upright and poured gently, leaving the trub in the bottle.  If you stir it up, taste will be ruined.

Unless you are making the wheat beer which traditionally gets the yeast dregs swirled and poured into the glass.