Mr.Beer Community
MiniYoda

MUG MidWest Meeting #2

Okay, so not official, but then again, what is......

Event:  Jungle Jim's International Craft Beer Festival

When:  Saturday June 16.  Their festival starts Friday, but I can only be there Saturday 16, 6pm

Where:  5440 Dixie Highway, Fairfield, OH

Attending:  @MiniYoda

Probable/Possible:  @D Kristof  @scouterbill

Further details:  http://junglejims.com/craft-beer-festival/?utm_source=cmgo&utm_medium=prog_soc_craft_beer&utm_campaign=audex

I've bought the ticket for Saturday, plus a reservation at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Fairfield.  I have to get up WAY too early in the morning the next day Sunday.  Need to be back in Louisville Sunday before 11am, to meet up with someone to watch Germany vs Mexico in World Cup Football.  Therefore I won't be able to hang out Sunday, but I can probably do something late Saturday morning/early afternoon.

And to make it official, I'll be wearing a (Cincinnati Reds) Mr. Beer t-shirt.

Yoda

I don't want to steal @D Kristof's thunder, as he truly was the one who posted the initial information about this event.  I just wanted to open a new thread to see who will/won't be able to make it, who might be able to meet up somewhere prior to the event, and have a thread where those who attend can post updates, pics, etc.

4 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

Okay, so not official, but then again, what is......

Event:  Jungle Jim's International Craft Beer Festival

When:  Saturday June 16.  Their festival starts Friday, but I can only be there Saturday 16, 6pm

Where:  5440 Dixie Highway, Fairfield, OH

Attending:  @MiniYoda

Probable/Possible:  @D Kristof  @scouterbill

Further details:  http://junglejims.com/craft-beer-festival/?utm_source=cmgo&utm_medium=prog_soc_craft_beer&utm_campaign=audex

I've bought the ticket for Saturday, plus a reservation at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Fairfield.  I have to get up WAY too early in the morning the next day Sunday.  Need to be back in Louisville Sunday before 11am, to meet up with someone to watch Germany vs Mexico in World Cup Football.  Therefore I won't be able to hang out Sunday, but I can probably do something late Saturday morning/early afternoon.

And to make it official, I'll be wearing a (Cincinnati Reds) Mr. Beer t-shirt.

Yoda

Look up Municipal Brew Works, Fig Leaf and Rivertown Brewing. If you start with Fig Leaf in Monroe, you can hit Rivertown and Municipal on the way to Jungle Jim's.

4 hours ago, scouterbill said:

The jury is out on this. I just looked and it's a 6 & 1/2 hour drive to Fairfield, OH. I'll need to do some serious thinking on this. 

Where in western IL do you live?

42 minutes ago, scouterbill said:

I'm working out the logistics of this one. If I go, I'll head out Friday morning so that I can check in to the hotel and go to the Friday night festivities. Sleep in Saturday morning to head back home by noon. 

Sadly, I'm in for the Saturday afternoon round of this meeting, and have to head back to L-Ville way-too-early Sunday morning.

But, For the those who care less, please post your thoughts, opinions of the Jungle Jim's event.

Thanks

iniM  odaY

On 5/31/2018 at 1:32 PM, D Kristof said:

@BDawg62, @hotrod3539, ?? Had hoped to hear from you guys by now.

I wont be able to make it......... Its my busy time at work, hence why i havent checked in in a while. workin 10-12 hr days 6 days a week. May, June, July, August, and into September i get the pleasure of having no life sadly. That said, I truly do enjoy my job in the commercial HVAC industry..... been doing it 13 years. 

3 hours ago, scouterbill said:

I'm working out the logistics of this one. If I go, I'll head out Friday morning so that I can check in to the hotel and go to the Friday night festivities. Sleep in Saturday morning to head back home by noon. 

Can't allow you to hit my hometown without some kind of welcome. 

27 minutes ago, hotrod3539 said:

I wont be able to make it......... Its my busy time at work, hence why i havent checked in in a while. workin 10-12 hr days 6 days a week. May, June, July, August, and into September i get the pleasure of having no life sadly. That said, I truly do enjoy my job in the commercial HVAC industry..... been doing it 13 years. 

no prob. save your money and time for mid-October.  rumer has it... 

So it looks like this is a go.  To summarize, @scouterbill will be at Jungle Jims on Friday.  On Saturday morning, he and I will met at Braxton Brewery in Northern Kentucky, on his way back home and my way up.  I will meet up with @D Kristof at the event.

I will PM the two of you my cell phone number so that we can stay in contact.

Made it to Northern Kentucky early enough to stip by The Party Source.  Huge liquor store with a very impressive section for pick 6.  Spent too much money,  but got some interesting stuff.  Hanging out now until 11, when Braxton Labs opens.  They have a beer releasing today that is Chardonnay Barrel Aged Hibiscus Gose....gotta try that one.  From here, I will go to the regular Braxton brewery for a flight, then on to the hitel room