Mr.Beer Community
Timelordjason

ATTN. MR BEER STAFF Australian Sparkling Ale

18 minutes ago, MRB Tim said:

I can honestly say this is the first time we've gotten such a request just this way. Bottom line up front, I'll poke around but I haven't seen any in a good while now. 

Well I am sad to see it go I just hadnt had the money to buy more and now I will. This was my favourite recipe because it was amazing just as soon as it carbed which means i didnt have to condition it too much. In fact it tasted amazing right after fermentation just didnt have carbanation. and it is the closest thing to Fosters premium ale that you guys have and I love that and this too.

Yes, it's exactly the same. Mr. Beer yeast is Coopers yeast.

The ABV is about 6%, the same as if using the can alone in a 2 gallon batch. Like I said, it's exactly the same as the seasonal. The only difference is the label.

Ok, so I looked into this a bit further and it seems the Coopers Sparkling Ale will have a bit more bittering hops to make up for the 6 gallon batch. So your beer may be slightly more bitter than the MRB seasonal can when used in a 2 gallon batch. With that said, it won't be too much more bitter because it's a fairly mild hop and any extra bitterness should fall out with time.

8 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

Ok, so I looked into this a bit further and it seems the Coopers Sparkling Ale will have a bit more bittering hops to make up for the 6 gallon batch. So your beer may be slightly more bitter than the MRB seasonal can when used in a 2 gallon batch. With that said, it won't be too much more bitter because it's a fairly mild hop and any extra bitterness should fall out with time.

ok I am going to try it and get the yeast from MB. I don't mind waiting but the great thing about the seasonal is that as soon as it carbonated it was amazing despite what the directions said conditioning didn't do much it was just as amazing 2 weeks after bottling than 2 months but i am crossing my fingers that this one will be close enough. I do not mind a little bitter. This may actually be even  more like my fav FOSTERS PREMIUM ALE so i will try thank you guys for all the research and info.

I brewed the Cooper's as 6 gal, split into  3 LBKS. using booster instead of dextrose, and adding different Pride of Ringwood Hop treatments after looking at the Coopers AU recipes.  It is a very fruity drink. The 2 different hop treatments were not much different in outcome.

Original recipe called for HME + 1.5kg LME + 500g DME + 300g Dextrose in 22.5L. Coopers adapts their volumes also in the recipes for different outcomes.

In 6 gal is it different from the Seasonal though.

So I translated to using DME only and Booster.

Cooper's Sparkling Ale #1
Cooper original recipe  - 1/3 can HME + add 566g (20oz) light malt and 100g (4 oz) dextrose ( or 150g (5.3 oz) booster)
Cooper's Sparkling Ale #2  - original + 0.5 oz hop aroma 5 min boil Pride of Ringwood leave hops in.
Cooper's Sparkling Ale #3  -original +  0.5 oz hop 30 min steep tea  Pride of Ringwood

https://www.aussiebrewmakers.com.au/libraries/resources/Pale Ale Recipes/Coopers Sparkling Ale.pdf

find these handy also,  when looking at Cooper's brews:

https://us.diybeer.com/brewing-info/recipes

https://community.diybeer.com/

With 3 LBKs, it works out reasonably, although I try to get the Cooper's HMEs on sale making it quite cheap.

However the recipe (23L) online is different from the refill kit that only contains 1.5kG of DME as additional fermentable.

So you can use what you want I guess. It still works out to < $50 for 3 LBKs if you only buy the Brew can from Coopers.