Mr.Beer Community

Ok so I just tasted the Chantilly Lace I brewed.  Turned out good.  A liitle malty for my taste but I'm sure it tast like it is suppose to and my wife likes it too.  It is not the color I was expecting, much darker.  I thought it would be more like SRM 3 - 5 in color.  Has anyone else made this and if so how was yours?  All and all it is the best tasting beer of the three I have brewed so far so I will chalk it up as a success!  Next out of the fermenter is Diablo IPA and an American Lager standard.

20180625_204018.jpg

I've made the Chantilly Lace before, and first thing.....yours came out amazingly clear.  Congrats.

Mine came out malty too, and I thought about adding a dry hop to offset it if I do this recipe again.  Secondly, yes, many of Mr. Beer recipes come out darker than they advertise.  Personally, color doesn't matter, because I can't taste or smell color.  I just chalk it up to "it's an ale, and ales are amber".

Having said that, there will be a flame war about colors of beers, colors of ales, and colors of lagers.  But to me, the color and clarity of your beer looks great.

Yoda

5 hours ago, Kevin Caffrey said:

Thanks for the review.  Have often thought of trying this recipe, but never pulled the trigger.  I like malty beers so maybe I'll give it a try.  Good luck on the Diablo IPA -- that's been one of my favorites!

Kevin

It makes a good summertime brew If you like malty beers you will definately like this one.  Nice citrus flavor and not to heavy.

I am brewing this right now and it smells great when I open the cooler. Very 🍊. Did the citrus flavor make it through fermentation or did you add it later? The clarity of your beer looks great. 

On 6/29/2018 at 1:29 PM, Marius said:

I am brewing this right now and it smells great when I open the cooler. Very 🍊. Did the citrus flavor make it through fermentation or did you add it later? The clarity of your beer looks great. 

The citrus flavor is from the oragne zest and the coriander seed.  As for the clarity, I proped up the LBK like @RickBeer recomends in his signiture and just cold crashed for three days.

Brewed mine up Saturday night, added some carapils but other than that I followed the recipe. Took about 16-17 hours to see activity and it's going strong now. I really hopes this comes out well. I've had many issues with acetaldehyde in my previous batches that don't condition out.