Mr.Beer Community

When the black plastic lid on the Churchill can was removed to get to the yeast,

the can below was bulging and created a dome instead of being flat.

Why is this ? Is it worth brewing ?

Don't mess around with a bulging can.  Go to the experts:  Take a picture of it and send it to MRB customer service.  The easiest way would probably be by PM on this board.

I had the same issue about a year ago and sent them a photo; they sent me out a replacement the very next day.  

The last can of Churchill's that I brewed looked similar to the one pictured but I didn't think much of it.  There was no sign of built up pressure in the can and I'm confident that it's fine.  This could explain the reason for the $10 sale though...we'll see.

2 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

The last can of Churchill's that I brewed looked similar to the one pictured but I didn't think much of it.  There was no sign of built up pressure in the can and I'm confident that it's fine.  This could explain the reason for the $10 sale though...we'll see.

If that's the reason for the $10 sale, they ought to be telling us that. Don't just send them out leaving folks to wonder.

Not certain on the origin of the cans.  Can't vouch if can was ever dropped on its travels to me, but not dropped since it was received.

Some were from Mr beer sale, some were from Amazon, and some were in the LBK kits received for fathers day.

It was only when one was noticed bulging after getting ready to brew that all lids were removed.

No visually noticed scratches, dents, etc. on can, only bulging lid on end that has yeast.

MRB Tim quickly remedied issue, moving on.