Mr.Beer Community
Palmetto Brew

Conditioning/Refrigeration Question??

So I bottled and conditioned my Chantilly Lace, tried it after 4 weeks conditioning and it was good.  Gave it another week on conditioning and refrigerated two more beers, tried them and they were a little better.  My question is should I go ahead and refrigerate the rest of them or just little by little as I plan to drink them??

5 hours ago, Palmetto Brew said:

So I bottled and conditioned my Chantilly Lace, tried it after 4 weeks conditioning and it was good.  Gave it another week on conditioning and refrigerated two more beers, tried them and they were a little better.  My question is should I go ahead and refrigerate the rest of them or just little by little as I plan to drink them??

While most people think the beers will improve as they condition, I have run across a couple guys who have other opinions. If you're like them there will be a week you prefer best. The next time you brew Chantilly Lace, when you reach your flavor preference week, toss them into the fridge. 

Short story - I was in Boston, at a bar and the bartender said she just got the Sam Adams in and it was ready to go - Wow, not like any Sam that I ever had before or since. The second part of the story - we had three young children at the time, and about halfway through my wife had enough of watching the kids, and while I was in the bathroom poured my beer into a red solo cup and said we need to go, now! Truthfully, any beer drinking judge would have seen that as solid ground for a divorce. Kept her anyway, and years later she did buy me my first MB kit.

On 7/6/2018 at 4:16 PM, D Kristof said:

While most people think the beers will improve as they condition, I have run across a couple guys who have other opinions. If you're like them there will be a week you prefer best. The next time you brew Chantilly Lace, when you reach your flavor preference week, toss them into the fridge. 

Sounds good thanks!

On 7/6/2018 at 6:11 PM, Brian N. said:

Short story - I was in Boston, at a bar and the bartender said she just got the Sam Adams in and it was ready to go - Wow, not like any Sam that I ever had before or since. The second part of the story - we had three young children at the time, and about halfway through my wife had enough of watching the kids, and while I was in the bathroom poured my beer into a red solo cup and said we need to go, now! Truthfully, any beer drinking judge would have seen that as solid ground for a divorce. Kept her anyway, and years later she did buy me my first MB kit.

I actually consider that pretty kind of her to pour the beer into the solo cup!

Kevin