Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mic Todd

Bottles on the Net?

Does anyone know if there are 25 oz bottles similar to the Mr Beer bottles (but made of glass instead) for sale on the net?  I think 25 oz is about perfect, yielding 24 oz+- each, which is two glasses of beer.  T'would be perfect for the wife and I, only needing to open one bottle at a time.

I've already purchases a dozen 32 oz swing-cap bottles, but that's nearly two 16 oz beers apiece and our beer glasses don't quite hold that much.  25 oz would be better

9 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

22 oz bombers

http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/863176.htm

or champagne bottles i believe are 25 oz

http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/863185.htm

Thanks Creeps, that 2nd link works to get me to affordable 750ml bottles.  By 'standard 26mm caps' I take that to mean the type one crimps on with a crimping tool.  It doesn't specify whether or not one needs to reinforce these with wire ties so I'm thinking these will work

16 minutes ago, Mic Todd said:

Thanks Creeps, that 2nd link works to get me to affordable 750ml bottles.  By 'standard 26mm caps' I take that to mean the type one crimps on with a crimping tool.  It doesn't specify whether or not one needs to reinforce these with wire ties so I'm thinking these will work

By standard I think thats the same cap as a 12 oz bottle. 

Yes, I think you are right.  That same link also sells the caps and the capper at a significant discount from Amazon's prices, if you discount the shipping.  I think in time this is the way I'll go, since I really like the size of the Mr Beer bottles, yielding two 12oz glasses of beer apiece.