Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
76shovel

Early Chromosbeer

I really like how my last Chromosbeer came out so I fired up a 2nd batch. I may have goofed it up.  After 2 weeks of cold fermentation at 55F I pulled it for the 3 day rest. I flubbed the calendar so this was a week earlier than I had planned and now my cold crashing fridge is tied up.  The Chromosbeer has been at room temp of 65F for two days, I will cold crash it for 3 days tomorrow then bottle.

OR should I put it back in at 55-56 and ferment another week then rest again?   Yeah,  If I used a hydrometer from the get-go I wouldn't be guessing.... oops.

11 hours ago, Shrike said:

You can still use your hydrometer to determine if fermentation is complete.  Take a reading, wait 24 hours, take another reading.  If they're the same, fermentation is done.

It's that easy... if you own a hydrometer. 

Sometimes I wonder how I got this old. 🤣

On Sunday, October 07, 2018 at 10:01 AM, 76shovel said:

I really like how my last Chromosbeer came out so I fired up a 2nd batch. I may have goofed it up.  After 2 weeks of cold fermentation at 55F I pulled it for the 3 day rest. I flubbed the calendar so this was a week earlier than I had planned and now my cold crashing fridge is tied up.  The Chromosbeer has been at room temp of 65F for two days, I will cold crash it for 3 days tomorrow then bottle.

OR should I put it back in at 55-56 and ferment another week then rest again?   Yeah,  If I used a hydrometer from the get-go I wouldn't be guessing.... oops.

If you're worried about fermentation, off flavors etc. just leave it be at room temperatures. The diacytle rest will be slightly longer than intended. Who cares? Your beer won't taste significantly different.