Mr.Beer Community

35 minutes ago, RickC1970 said:

Well I checked it when i got home...it looks like there are some light colored globs in there...not sure quite how to describe it. it is hard to see through the keg.

It's okay to use a flashlight, just don't open the top. It can take a bit to kick off sometimes and others faster. Sometimes a thick foam and other times a thin one. Have bit of patience.

High Krausen- Calavera stout.jpg

2 hours ago, RickC1970 said:

Well I checked it when i got home...it looks like there are some light colored globs in there...not sure quite how to describe it. it is hard to see through the keg.

chill. it's like science man......what temp? what type of yeast?

I still have the fermenter in the cooler with an ice pack. I have a little bit of foam going on in there so it looks like it is going...I'll just keep checking and make sure I keep the temp cool and steady. This is the light beer recipe so I don't know how that may have an effect on how much action goes on.

There is never a reason to go longer than 3 weeks fermenting.  Bottle, store at 70 or higher, and let it sit 4 weeks at least.  Then, put in the frig only what you'll drink 3 days later.  Let the rest continue to condition at room temp.

Bottled my batch today. I put the fermenter in the fridge three days ago. I came out with ten of the 25 oz bottles which should be around 2 gals. I forgot about getting unscented dish soap to clean the fermenter with after bottling. All walmart had was the 7th generation dishwasher pods so i grabbed those. I put one in the fermenter and filled it with warm water..im gonna let it soak for a bith then risnse it out real good. I'm going to order some something more appropriate to clean the fermenter. My house is right about 68 degrees so I should be okay storing the bottles for the next 4 weeks.