Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
youdontknowme311

1 gallon kit

I just purchased the Thunder Bay IPA 1 gallon kit and I'm looking for a little clarification about the ingredients included. The website shows and states that this recipe comes with 2 packs of DME but I only revieved 1 500g package that has "No. 2" written on it. The instructions in the kit say it just includes "DME" and not the amount of packages. So I'm asumming that maybe the other recipes might include 2 different types of DME. But this recipes only needs one of them? Not sure if I was shorted or just a mistake on the website.

9 hours ago, youdontknowme311 said:

Not sure if I was shorted or just a mistake on the website.

I'm thinking this is just a typo on the website, this'd be the first I'm hearing about more than one DME in there. Will double check and follow up, though. 

On 11/7/2018 at 10:29 AM, youdontknowme311 said:

with the plastic airlock are you supposed to put sanitizer in the lid or leave as is? 

I usually use vodka, because I don't mind as much if some gets sucked into the fermenter, but yes sanitizer works fine too and you fill to the halfway line. 

30 minutes ago, MRB Tim said:

I usually use vodka, because I don't mind as much if some gets sucked into the fermenter, but yes sanitizer works fine too and you fill to the halfway line. 

I remember when my wife recently asked about the random bottle of cheap vodka in my brewery. I dont drink liquor so i think she thought i had gone off the deep end. Then i told her it was for making tinctures. Which was met with head shakes and rolling eyes