Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lebete

What's your favorite

37 posts in this topic

I started with the pale ale included in the starter kit....it was good. I am now making a Black Tower Porter.

Do you have a favorite?

Anyone have any ideas how you might could come close to a clone of Alaskan Amber or Full Sail Amber using Mr. Beer ingredients?

After starting with West Coast Pale Ale, I have made Cowboy w/ UME, and Witty Monk Witbier. This weekend I am brewing some Red tart Cider,West Coast pale Ale w/ Pale Export and Pilothouse Pilsner. I have not been disappointed with any selections yet. My favorite so far is the Witty Monk.

I'm hooked on the Bewitched Red with Mellow Amber, been adding the extra booster making it the Rambling Rose's Red---just trying a batch now with the lager yeast since my basement is a little cool----we'll see------?

I brew up a great Apricot Hefeweizen & Peach Ale.

Both make for a great Summer Brew.

Still experimenting with Fall & Winter brews.

So Far My Favorite is the Irish Red Amber Ale but Today I brewed a batch of Northern Amber Ale that I can't wait to try it. It uses the Englishman's Nut-brown Malt and Mellow Amber UME with U.S. Goldings Pellet Hops.

Others I have tried include the High Candadian Draft Lager, Czech Pilsner.

Some of my favorites:

Oktoberfest Vienna Lager - very good, great flavor
Defibrilator Doppel Bock - great beer, strong but great taste
Strawberry Blonde - one of my favorites, definitely my wife's favorite.

Ron

Bewitched Red Ale is my favorite so far, but I am trying some tweaks with recipes that may make me rethink. I recently did the West Coast Pale Ale with some cascade hops that was really good. Next I am brewing the Oktoberfest Vienna Lager with some grains and hops to try and improve it.

Black and Booberry Bock has been a real hit with my wife and friends. I got to admit that I like it too. I've really liked all of the Bewitched Red Ale recipes I've tried, come to think of it. Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout was a good one too.

my favorite beer was Sam Adams Boston Lager, until I brewed Pilot House.All MY rowdy friends love Bills Brew.

lager

Vienna lager (2 cans) with 2 pounds of honey and 1/2 ounce of hallertau pellets. This will make you smile.

Canadian lager(2 cans) brewed with toasted oak chips in the fermentor. This has an "old timey" character, and will cause people to pepper you with questions on how to start brewing their own beer.

I am fortunate enough to work by a brewing supply store, so I have easy access to some amazing adjuncts. The oak chips help make up for the fact that a 2.5 gallon oak keg is $175.00. The chips are $2.50. tough choice.

Play aound a bit, and you can really make some fantastic brew.

Bottoms up.

Have you ever tried making two batches ot once? I'm seeing bewitched red on here alot, and I wondered what the differences would be between the ale yeast and the lager yeast. I know what the books say about the differences, but I want to taste them.

I've brewed quite a few over the years and haven't had any that I didn't like.
When I first started I got bottles from the local brewery store. The store keep told me I wouldn't like anything I made with mrbeer and guaranteed I'd be back to buy a "real" home brew kit.
I now have 3 brew kegs and usually do 2 at a time.
I have brewed up a custom Rasberry batch I called "Rudy's Razberry". It pours and drinks like a wine, with very dark red color and extremely high alchohol content. I'll have to check my notes to see what I brewed it with.
My favorite recipie is the Full Moon Marzen. It was a huge hit with everyone that that sampled it.
My personal favorites to keep on hand is the American Pale Ale and Bewitched Red Ale with Mellow Amber UME.