Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lebete

What's your favorite

37 posts in this topic

My first brew was the West Coast Ale! Second was Whispering Wheat! I was hooked on both for a while till the Premium Brews came out. Now my favorite has to be the Pilothouse Pilsner!!! My friends bug me to brew the Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner which is there favorite. Right now I have a Bewitched Red Ale and some Hard Apple Cider in the fridge that has been resting till perfection. Halloween should be a good night!!!

I started brewing with MrBeer. I've brewed several amber and dark HME. I've discovered through this process that I prefer dark brews particularly porters and stouts. I also like amber and red ales like Rocket's Red Glare. My favorite so far is Nilla Porter. If there was only one brew it would be Nilla Porter for me.

I know this thread is almost nine years old, but now that someone's revived it, I'd be curious to know what current members' favorites are.

I have just one batch that's been in the bottle long enough to drink. It's a Bewitched Amber Ale that's pretty decent but still needs to mature some after two months of carbonation/conditioning.

I have also bottled a 1776 Ale and the Noche del Lobo recipe. Fermenting a Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner with Pale LME and a packet of U.S. Saaz now. I have high hopes for all, but am curious what others thought of the beers they've brewed so far.

So back to the OP's original question, what are your favorite Mr. Beer kits?

Jim

If I had to pick just one I'd go with Witch's Flight.  But if I were to do a top five it'd probably be:

1)  Witch's Flight

2)  Angry Bovine

3)  Calavera Spiced Chile Stout

4)  American Burleywine

5)  Lock, Stock, and Bourbon Barrel Stout

Runner-up:  Noche del Lobo

I'm not including any of the ones that I've tinkered with by adding different grains or hops.

Bonsai & Brew, John K. and jasbo like this

I have to say that I am pretty happy with my version of Chug-a-lugger. Minor revision uses Safeale US-05, adds Centennial to the LME for 20 minutes, and Goldings at flame-off. Very nice beer, mild hops, very drinkable. Best to let it sit in the bottle for 4 weeks minimum, 5-6 is even better.

jasbo and John K. like this

1 hour ago, John K. said:

I would have to go with the Nilla Porter and Bewitched Amber Ale as my two favorites with Chug-a-lugger close behind.

I'm not-so-patiently waiting for my Nilla Porter to be ready.  I've got another 6-8 weeks before minimum conditioning time.  Must...be...patient! :)

John K. and jasbo like this

5 hours ago, Shrike said:

I'm not-so-patiently waiting for my Nilla Porter to be ready.  I've got another 6-8 weeks before minimum conditioning time.  Must...be...patient! :)

It will be worth the wait! I have one or two left from my first batch that I bottled last May. Had one this weekend and it was very good!

Shrike likes this

I've now brewed a couple of dozen different recipes over these past two years.  I have ratings as my signature.  My favorites off hand are Millennium Flight Red, Diablo IPA, Cherry Wheat (see recipe below), French Roast Stout (see recipe below) and Orange Spiced Pumpkin Lager (see recipe below).

Kevin

John K., Shrike and jasbo like this

I have now made 28 batches of Mr. Beer refills/recipes.  I like variety and always want to try new things, so there are only 3 recipes I have repeated: Fresco Chile Lime, Let It Bee Honey Blonde Ale, and Millennium Falconers Flight Red, all very good.  Other favorites are Howling Red Ale and Wild Wheat.

Kevin Caffrey, jasbo and John K. like this