Mr.Beer Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Probably want to someone research before dumping a batch of yeast that includes a bunch of dead cells and trub and possibly ruining a batch.
  3. New to re-using yeast. Plan is to just dump this into my next batch. A SMASH Citra IPA. Store in refrigerator till needed Collected by tossing trub, collected in the jar, till yeast started to appear.
  4. Last week
  5. Syncman, it's your thread of course, but if you or others are willing, I'd sure like to hear the harvesting and saving process in a nutshell.
  6. If thats yeast and not proteins and hops then hell yeah it is!!! Even if there is some proteins in there, im sure theres enough yeast for 2.5 gallons.
  7. Collected this yeast [US-05], in my 3 gal Fastferment. Is it sufficient to use in another 2.5G batch?
  8. ---looks up, re-reads--- Oops, not a question, just a response.
  9. I was joking that he was asking a question to a four-and-a-half year old post.
  10. Contrary to popular belief, the Reinheitsgebot wasn't Germany-wide. It only applied to the state of Bavaria. That's why you don't see those other German styles complying with the law.
  11. Hey, I'm still paying attention even though I don't post as much.
  12. I'm about to try making this beer myself. If nothing more, the instructions are on the can. But Rick's right, all MRB instructions are on their website. I always download them when I make them so I have them permanently in my folder.
  13. @NwMaltHead hasn't been on the forum since March. He usually visits, posts for a few days, then is gone like the wind for a while.
  14. http://support.mrbeer.com/support/solutions/articles/13000050681-churchill-s-nut-brown-ale-craft-refill
  15. ???? https://www.mrbeer.com/churchills-nut-brown-ale
  16. Does anyone have the Instructions or specs for Churchills Nut Brown Ale. I cannot find them anywhere
  17. Earlier
  18. Josh will reply to you in 4.5 years. 😜😆
  19. Hi Josh, Thanks for the recipe. It's been a while since I did some brewing, things dropped off the map not long after my post. I've got a hankering to start up again. This will have to wait until the winter since I don't have anywhere at a stable 65-70F with the Texas heat. I'll maybe tap you for some clarifications when I get the stuff together to give it a go. Thanks, Nigel
  20. Heres the extract beer i brewed last night. There is hip hop involved. Be warned

Split Batch Hoppy Pale (E)

21. I have used the white labs hefe yeast and will again this weekend. I use this as the base beer for my pawpaw Heffeweizen. I still have 2lbs of frozen pawpaws in the kitchen freezer. SWMBO has requested I use them a.s.a.p.
  22. Pulled 7,000 weeds just now. I avoided all the maple tree sprouts. Maybe ill save them and sell for $10 a piece in fall. Little side action...
  23. Making this beer this weekend. Sub extract for 4lbs wheat and 4lbs pilsner. Also sub hallertau for liberty. The LHBS was out. Never used this yeast before, i have always used omegas hefe yeast in the past.
  24. Making new batch thus next week. will bottle with 1/2 tsp as a little less carbonation is ok with us. Really taking sanitation time to make sure bottles and LBK are well done. That very well could have been a game changer as I sort have rushed that process. Bottles have been well cleaned as has the LBK. Will take a solid process with the sanitizer on bottling day as well as getting the wort into the LBK. Will watch fermentation time and temp and final gravity. Again, I could have rushed the process. Only time this has happened with any brew. As with my golf, not gain in rushing the process!!
  1. Load more activity